I NEED HELP!

Discussion in 'Iguanas' started by honey3, Jul 31, 2004.

1. honey3

honey3 Embryo

my iguana never wants to get out of her cage and i've only got one 5'' square door at the bottom of the cage. she get in her log when she knows she gonna be caught. i can never get her out and i am thinking of blocking off the hole to the log and getting her out then.when she gets in her log i can't take her out for her daily walk. to get her extra uv light and her vitemin d she needs. she just started doing this when my 3 year old nephew started coming over. i think it is because it is loud when he comes over when he plays with my brother. can you guys help me figure a way out to get her out more? pleeeeeeeaaaaaaze?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Hummingbird

Hummingbird Well-Known Member

well for starters, don't get her out when your nephew is around. make sure he's been gone at least half an hour before you try to get the ig out. also, don't take her hiding log (or any of her hiding places) out of her cage - this will just make her more tense and make her feel even more 'exposed'.

taking her out at the same time each day might even help calm her down because she'll get used to a 'schedule'.

just be patient and if she is really upset, don't force her to do anything (unles, of course, it's absolutely neccessary).

as a side note, it's nice to see that you take her for daily walks and get her out in the sunshine - that's *great*. vital to the health of igs. :(