Hurricane Rita

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by D00M, Sep 22, 2005.

1. D00M

D00M Well-Known Member

My heart extends to everyone that will be effected by this. It's a category of 5 hurricane 350 miles wide. Its supposed to hit parts of Louisiana and Texas. It's supposed to hit land on Friday (September 23). Hopefully It wont be a big loss and we will all get through this. More oil plants will be affected and damaged by this hurricane and that can only mean higher prices for gas. Bad times. Hope you all are safe and with your families and pets. :D

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. alison1

alison1 Member

Oh no, not again! Nice one though D00M! Very thoughtful to keep us updated! How much devistation can people take! :-(
    l'm sorry if anyone will be affected and our thoughts are with you!

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. sleepylittleme

sleepylittleme New Member

i'm not sure how much devistation people can take. i have friends that were not as "lucky" as me that lived in new orleans and that have nothing left. they fled to houston to participate in the free housing program and now may have to leave there. i can't even function properly at work because of all of this mess. i'll be happy when hurricane season is over with, because hopefully i'll be out of louisiana.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. D00M

D00M Well-Known Member

I think now its been reduced to a category of 4.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. coils

coils New Member

Good luck to everyone in the path of this storm. Hope everyone gets through it ok.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

It's been downgraded to a Cat 3 now, but that doesn't mean it can't fire right back up again.

Good luck everybody!

12. GeneralODLee

GeneralODLee New Member

My Uncle, Aunt and cousin had to exacuate from Galveston, TX. It took my uncle 15 hours to make it 80 miles yesterday, but they are all away from the coast and safe. Thank goodness. ;)

13. bratspets

bratspets Member

I cannot comprehend it.
    My imagination falls short.
    May God be with you,
    and keep you safe.

14. myleopardgeckoisevil

myleopardgeckoisevil New Member

My aunt is living with my grandparents in Ohio, her house in Mississippi got ruined by the first hurricane. I can't even imagine how scary it must be for the people of Texas, after seeing what happened to the peopl's lives in New Orleans. My prayers are with all of them.

15. D00M

D00M Well-Known Member

Four hours after it hit land it lowered to a category of 2. Hopefully Its dieing down.

16. alison1

alison1 Member

Hopefully it wont do too much damage then! Would be a pleasant change for mother nature to be on our side for once! l hope all are safe! l am thinking of you all!