How many breeder mice do I need?

Discussion in 'Feeder Forum' started by kyryah, Nov 22, 2008.

1. kyryah

kyryah Embryo

I am looking to breed just enough feeders for my two baby Corn snakes... They eat a pinky each a week right now. Would one male and female be enough, or should I get one male and two females?

I am planning on using CO2 asphyxia to euthanize the pinkies, and freeze them. I wil probably let a few grow bigger, to fuzzy and weanling size at least, and then offer them really cheap to other local enthusiasts. There are no pet shops for 50 miles, so I know there would be a market for them. However, I don't want to end up completely over run with stinky little mice.

Thanks,
    Kristina

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. justkev

justkev Hi :) Staff Member

an active adult pair will produce babies every month.... You may want more than one female so you can maintain production.. but you will more than likely end up with many more that you need.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. kyryah

kyryah Embryo

LOL, that isn't very comforting... However, as I mentioned before, people around my area are driving ridiculus distances to get feeders. I think I could have a decent market for the extras.

Alright, off to find a couple "leaker" tanks for cheap....

Kristina

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. asiandude

asiandude New Member

only one pinky a week....????

My corn eat 2 pinky a week. Out of those if they are small pinky..i feed 2 small one during one feeding.

I suggest you might want to feed 2 pinky a week. If at that rate...ur corn might be small as adult.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. kyryah

kyryah Embryo

Thanks for letting me know! They are babies, and I JUST got them, i was feeding according to waht the PO old me....

Kristina

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. asiandude

asiandude New Member

No problem......feeding 2 pinky a week is good for their growth. i seen people say they feed their corn only one a week....that is just wrong. Baby corn will eat and disgust very fast so eatting 2x is good.

Hope your grows up to be beautie.