How do corns do with loud noises?

Discussion in 'Corns & Rat Snakes' started by mattie_girl, Aug 29, 2004.

1. mattie_girl

mattie_girl New Member

I just got corn snake. I also have 2 cairn terriers. The dogs do not know the snake exists and will never see the snake. They do occassionally bark and I was wondering if that noise will make the corn nervous or if it is not something to worry about.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Reptodude

Reptodude New Member

I wouldnt worry about it. I have 4 dogs. They bark al day long and my corn seems to be fine. I forgot to tell you, SNAKES CANT HEAR. The since viabration but not noise. u will be fine.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. stormyva

stormyva Well-Known Member

As long as the snake's cage is away from a lot of "traffic" then it should be fine. If there is a lot of movement around the cage the snake may get stressed. The most common sign of stress will be the snake stopping eating.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. kingsa

kingsa Embryo

My corn, "Sammy" is fine with the dog barking. I have a Doberman and a mix Schauzer/Cocker Spaniel. I did read that they can hear through a bone that connects to an inner ear canal, but not very well. Not sure if it's true.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. susyq

susyq Member

i have one of mine that if she goes off her food, a sure way to get her back feeding is to put pink floyd on the stereo and crank the volume up lol :D

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. biochic

biochic Well-Known Member

They pick up on vibrations mostly. Loud noises will produce the most stressing vibrations. That's what you want to avoid. Like loud music and tvs. Dogs barking occasionally shouldn't bother them.