How difficult?

Discussion in 'Treefrogs' started by Gourami_Swami, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Gourami_Swami

Gourami_Swami New Member

How difficult are tree frogs to care for? Would one thats able to live in a 10g be hard to feed? What species would you recommend? and what exactly would one eat? I have heard that crickets and fruitflies are good? Also, how much should these frogs on average cost in a pet store?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. merebear843

merebear843 Embryo

It depends on what type of tree frog, the easiest of care would be the white dumpy tree frog however I would recommend 20 gallons PER frog (that includes all types of tree frogs). Crickets is what I feed my tree frogs!

For more information go to www.allaboutfrogs.org

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Stormphyre

Stormphyre Member

Even small tree frogs require a minimum 20 gallon tall habitat. FBTs are semi-aquatic and could be okay in a 10, though you want a minimum of 2 in the tank.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Gourami_Swami

Gourami_Swami New Member

Alright, I did a lot of research since I made this thread, and yesterday I came home with a Hyla Cinerea! My only question is how many crickets a night should I give him? He ate the three I gave him last night within an hour. hes about 2".

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Stormphyre

Stormphyre Member

I think 2 or 3 crickets every other day should be fine. Good luck with the little guy!

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Gourami_Swami

Gourami_Swami New Member

Thanks! He is in a "critter keeper" quarantine, as I will be keeping him with two of the same kind. They will all go in a 10g untill my 20g x-high vivarium is done in a few months.

He is doing great so far!