~HELP!!~ SNAKE LOST!! NEED HELP!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by chowcow, Oct 10, 2005.

1. chowcow

chowcow Embryo

Hi guys, im in a very bad situation here.. Last night i was playing with my Jungle carpet python and moved its head into a small part in my computer desk.. It's body followed.. until the whole snake was inside this long tubish, thing in my desk.. I spent the next few hours trying to get at it, nothing happend.. It didnt budge..

So i stayed around the area watching till night, It got away from the area without me see'ing it.. Now its somewhere in my room.. And ive been looking for it despretly.. Ive set up his tank on my floor, with a heater and 2 mice running around. I was wondering if he could somehow picku p the scent and move in to eat..

Anyways, ive posted to see if anyone else had this problem.. Cause for now it seems impossible that this snake makes it back to its cage.. (My rooms pretty big, ive searched Everywhere..)

Thanks for the help guys..

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. iLLwiLL

iLLwiLL Member

i lost a ball for about 6 weeks a while ago, and i set a few traps for it. to make a trap get a piece of PVC tubing about 4' long and a cap that fits over the end. duct tape the cap on, and make sure the diameter of the PVC is just a little bigger than the girth of your snake. then take a dead rat and drag it along the floorboards (where the floor meets the walls) all around the room and have the scent trail leading into the tube. put the rat in the tube and wait for the snake to show up.

from what i've read, for the snake, its like finding a burrow. once they enter and eat they'll usually stay there for a while and digest. theres also some comercial traps you can buy that use a glue that is soluable with a vinegar, but i dont like that idea very much.

to see if your snake is moving around your room at night you can try to track it with flour. if you sift flour around where you think the snake is traveling then it will leave a track in the flower, and hopefully lead you to where he is hiding.

good luck, finding a lost snake is a pian in the butt.

~Will.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. chowcow

chowcow Embryo

6 weeks? Hrm.

Well ive got the snakes tank set up, with 2 mice running around squeaking. Im going ot place that in one half of the room, and the other half ill put the frozen mouse on a plate for now.. Dont have pvc tubing but.. will get asap. I was wondering how long it took for you to catch ur snake after the mouse in tube tactic. I was also wondering.. how big your room is. Beacause it seems IMPOSSIBLE to find bait a snake in my room. I have a huge desk, big bed, and a chair and my room is sooo messy. Infact, im not even sure if the snake got down on the floor and left.. It could be possible..

Also, im guna try rubbing the snake scent around... Can it pick it up from afar? Im so worreid ;)

thanks alot for hte tip tho..

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. iLLwiLL

iLLwiLL Member

at night is prob when its going to be moving around, and if its in your room it will feel most secure traveling around where the wall meets the floor. with that cage on the floor, i would put a makeshift ramp and lead the scent trail up that and hopefully the snake will just plop in. your snake should be able to smell its prey from a good distance as it would have too in the wild. baiting only works if its hungry tho.

the traps actually diddnt work for me. i found the ball about 3 days after i put the traps down. he somehow got under an old floor model tv, and i got a big screen to take its place. when me and a roomate were moving the old tv out to the garage, the ball just flopped out in a full on shed. it was pretty crazy.

~Will.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. chowcow

chowcow Embryo

:( 2nd night and nothing.. Ive placed two traps so far.. I didnt put a ramp to its cage cuz i kno it can just slither itself in. Also i have no idea where this snake is.. its been 3 days, and it could be outside of my room in the house :).

Unless it has suppper sensors that lead it to my room where the rat is then.. i have a chance..

It is hungry beacause i was just about to feed it as i was cleaning the cage, So hopefully he comes out and eats..

Ive set up a PVC tube with a rat in it too.

im sooo confused.. what should i do... i dont think the survival rate is high .. Its getting cold around here, and my house is about room temp so hopefully it can function. I hope its not too cold at night because im afraid the snake will become lethargic and not move from its spot. Im now thinking the snake is in my closet.. its a snake heaven in there, clothes dangling etc.. I think im going to set up another trap in there... :(:(:(:(:(:(::(:(:(:(:(::(:(
    I really wanna see my snake again..

thanks

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Oliverthesnake

Oliverthesnake Embryo