help please siezures

Discussion in 'Iguanas' started by liljoe, Aug 27, 2004.

1. liljoe

liljoe Embryo

i had a post earlier see iggy has pnuemonia well i took him to the vet and he was diagnosed with mbd he is having siezures what i previously thought were dry heaves are now percieved to be siezures all of his muscles tense up his heart beats extremely fast and his eyes roll into his head i dont know if it is from the mbd or stress is there any thing i can give him some kind of chill pill??? i am very scared i will lose the poor guy he has had 1 cal injection 1 a&d injection and recieves 1ml of calcium orally every 12 hours along with 5ml of pedialyte every 12 hours no food for the last five days no bowel movement for 5 days she does get a bath once a day for 20 minutes hind legs move very little but there is more twitching visible sorry for the rambling but i want to give you guys all the help i can thanks so much lilj

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. johnb7

johnb7 Embryo

hey whats up joe I will hold out all hope that your iguana lives but these herp vets are a joke!!! i just did exactly what you did borrowed $200 that i did not have. My iguana had the same symptoms as yours and he just died.I am shure with enoughf money these vets could make your pet live but you are I don't have that money. The whole time along the vet acted like you have all the time in the world but reptiles are very fragile. My vet spent maybe five minutes actualy looking at my iguana. I think medicaly you could fill a huge book with what they don't know about iguanas i find it interesting how quick they are to make these general diagnosis. So i originaly went to the vet to find out if the iguana was in pain and if he should be put to sleep but instead I got a big bill and false hope!! So my iguana spent his final days on earth being jabbed with needles and probably in pain!! Believe me brother I hope your iguana lives but I am telling you this so maybe you could make her last days better take her outside keep her warm and let her breath the fresh air and see the real sun for as long as you can. GOOD LUCK feel free to ask any questions. john

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. lturbott

lturbott Member

These 2 cases are so sad. :D

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Hummingbird

Hummingbird Well-Known Member

they are very sad, lturbott. even though john's baby did not make it, i still hold out hope that liljoe's will. the info from my website is what saved quincy's life and he was in pretty terrible shape - definately NOT just a mild case of mbd. sometimes all an animal needs is to be loved and given even just the bare neccessities (uv, proper diet, etc) instead of trying different meds and using needles and such. biochic and i are SO lucky that we have such a great herp vet near our university, but even our vet doesn't know everything (no one does).

liljoe - we all care about you and about your iggy and i sincerely hope that your situation does not turn out the way john's did. please read the info i posted and get some 'iguana milkshake' into that iguana! give him plenty of natural sunlight as well as a uv bulb and rub his tummy if he gets bloated.

best of luck!