HELP!!!! my crocodile skinks fight!!

Discussion in 'General Lizards' started by teiryklav, May 28, 2009.

1. teiryklav

teiryklav Member

hi everyone! i've been not on for quite a while, sorry because i was in bali.. please i need a quick help, i'v had my first crocodile skink from 25 february and he's doing fine until now. some days ago i ordered a female crocodile skink, and today "she" came. i was in bali this afternoon, and just got back this evening. i knew "she" will come before me, so i ordered my maid to separate them first. when i got back, i take "her" to thorny (first croc skink)'s tank, and thorny started chasing "her" and bit her tail, i quickly take her back and put it back to other tank. here's the problem.

may "she" be a "he"? i've heard that this thingy can be kept in colonies, even males with males, but maybe there are a chance of fighting? (this fight is a pain for the other one, i don't think that's mating bite or something)

will "she" be stressed? if "she" refuses to eat what should i do?

any good suggestion about this, please?

thanks all..

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Shanna66

Shanna66 Well-Known Member

what size is the tank? how did you do the intros?

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. beefcake

beefcake Member

you should leave her out and quarantine her for a few days to a week.. make sure she gets used to things and make sure she is eating right etc. then you need to introduce them in a neutral territory, somewhere outside of both their enclosures where they wont be trying to "defend" their turf

hope this helps

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. teiryklav

teiryklav Member

oh crap! i introduce "her" in his tank!!! :)
    but i'm sure that now "she"'S a male :)
    i've read that in triblonotus.com, she's a he. :(
    what should i do..

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Shanna66

i would seperate them for now. sadly i dont know enough about that species since they are so hard to find here so i cant give you any more information than that. good luck though

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. teiryklav

teiryklav Member

the new one refuses to eat, always in his hide all after the attack. maybe he's still adapting, i'm going to swap him if i can,, :)

12. beefcake

beefcake Member

so its a male? hmm males cant be housed together. i would try to switch it out or send it back if you can

13. teiryklav

teiryklav Member

i've separate it and the new male seems to be adapting quite well. at least he has eaten :)

14. Shanna66

thats good

15. teiryklav

teiryklav Member

i swapped him to a her and then thorny pushed her (not bite) and she shaked wildly! i separated them. :p