Help My Crestie

Discussion in 'Rhacodactylus (Crested) Geckos' started by G_Ryda, Oct 26, 2004.

1. G_Ryda

G_Ryda Embryo

ive had my crested gecko for just over a year, and just this past week ive noticed he has been eatingnext to nothing and ot nearly as active as usual, i checked care sheets and asked other owners what they thought and they didnt kno i have done everything right in my equarium set up and temperature and humity are good i feed him peach baby food with vitamins 4 times a week and crickets every once in awhile sometimes dusted ones. but after not seeing any improvement i started to wonder y he is actin like this and today i saw his mouth and it looks like his lower jaw is completely dislocated and one of his claws looks broken to. there are no toher lizards in his tank that could have injured him, so i think he must of fallen on the rock i have in there for him. i dont know but im very worried plz help me, i dont know what i should do!

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. KaMiKaZeE

KaMiKaZeE Member

Get him to a vet ASAP! And for the meantime, I'd CAREFULLY dropper feed him and also give him some pedialyte diluted with water (50/50 mix) also by dropper. Also take out the rock and any big objects he could hurt himself on. Start with the pedialyte first to get him re-hydrated, because its likely that he hasn't been drinking either. Once he has some fluids in him, then try a little food (maybe even try that slushy mix shrap posted about, its probably great for him) and get him to a vet SOON. Also, in case you were wondering, do NOT try to re-locate his jaw yourself! You could injure him worse. Keep us updated please!

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. G_Ryda

G_Ryda Embryo

ok heres an update on my crested gecko Shammy, today i did what u guys told me and took out the rocks and replaced the bark with wet paper towels, it seemed to help him a little more he started moving around a bit but i realized that his jaw is very badly dislocated, so im going to take him to the vet hopefully sometime this week, his claw seems to have healed which is good, but he also sort of twitches a bit which s bad. well thats my update if theres anything else u guys can think of tell me!

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. wideglide

wideglide Well-Known Member

My advice would be to change this statement to "I'm taking him to the vet now" and make it true.