heating

Discussion in 'Enclosures, Heating & Lighting' started by Zaytef, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Zaytef

Zaytef Embryo

Hi i just got a fat-tailed gecko last night from a friend who knew i wanted one and they didnt get me a lamp or anything and i do not get paid till the 18th any one have any ideas on how to keep him warm? i was thinking about tossing some cloth in my dryer and putting it in his cage but im not sure.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Zaytef

Zaytef Embryo

Hi i just got a fat-tailed gecko last night from a friend who knew i wanted one and they didnt get me a lamp or anything and i do not get paid till the 18th any one have any ideas on how to keep him warm? i was thinking about tossing some cloth in my dryer and putting it in his cage but im not sure.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

What's his set-up like? What are the ambient temps in your house?

If you don't get paid until the 18th and today's the 10th.... I think 8 days without a heat source wouldn't kill him, but he certainly wouldn't be happy and he definitely wouldn't be able to digest his food correctly/safely. What will you be feeding him?

Do you have a heat blanket? If you do you can you put it under his tank (safely and with ventilation, don't squish it under there). Or do you have hand warmers? Like the kind you use when you go skiing... You can put one of those in one of his hides during the middle of the day to simulate the hot day time temps.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Zaytef

Zaytef Embryo

we have the house at a constant 68 degrees but i have brought it up to 70 for him and he doesnt really seem cold and i have been handling him alot to keep him warm but i have hand warmers ill try that till then

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

Ok good luck. You might want to try craigslist for anyone selling a used one, or even giving one away. You also might be able to call your local reptile rescue and see if you can borrow one for a week, they sometimes have some laying around.