Harlequin Crested Gecko

Discussion in 'Rhacodactylus (Crested) Geckos' started by CrestedGecko1991, Jan 26, 2005.

1. CrestedGecko1991

CrestedGecko1991 New Member

Hey, I found this pic of a harlequin crested gecko on www.geckospot.com
    and it looks pretty cool. The sides of it almost look like one of those green fire crested geckos for pangea reptile and I was wondering if lots of harlequin crested geckos look like that and if they are easy to find?

The picture can't be copied off the website and pasted here so here is the direct shortcut to the website.

http://www.geckospot.com/images/crestedgecko/CG008.jpg

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

Harlequin can be on I believe any color morph. Harlequin is a pattern, like fire, pinstripe, etc. It's most noticable on the head, kinda looks like someone took a sponge and dabbed the head with a color they way its spread out and kinda etchy (i guess thats the word I'm looking for).

The pattern isnt really rare. You could pick up a decent color with that pattern for generally $60-120.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. CrestedGecko1991

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

i saw the red one selling for 250 american at the last reptile show

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

Anthony Compenetto has some high quality, gorgeous cresties. I would guess it would be pretty high

Sorry klik, just now noticed your post

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

its ok. Robbie Hamper was the person selling the one i saw.

12. CrestedGecko1991

13. CrestedGecko1991

Does Robbie Hamper have his own website and does he sell his crested geckos on that website? If he does have one can you please tell me it.

14. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

15. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

Yep, I see her every montat the show!

*feels VERY special*

16. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

i see her every White Plains show too lol i also bought my Golden Rust from her

17. CrestedGecko1991

sorry, my mistake

18. CrestedGecko1991

Hey, I live in Canada and I really want to get one of those red harlequin crested geckos. Do you think if I went to a reptile expo in toronto do you think I would be able to find one there?

19. CrestedGecko1991

20. Carlos_n_Paco

Carlos_n_Paco Member

she's at all the Hamburg shows I go to as well.....personally I think she's way overpriced on her cresties......i bought my 1st crestie from her & still have to f/f or hand feed him to this day.....he never ate on his own from the day i got him....so hampner leaves a sour taste in my mouth when it comes to cresties.

....but putting all that aside, i still think hers are overpriced & you can do better elswhere.

21. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

I just remebered something too just now!

Anyone remember when I mentioned my freind had a crestie that died because it wouldnt eat on its own? Well he got it from ronnie, and it died.

I completely forgot about it until you mentioned it. He bought a rust fire from her for $85. It would not eat crickets because she only fed babyfood and crested gecko diet. And it would not eat in the cage either. The only way he could feed it was to keep giving babyfood by mouth every day. He is invloved in lots of sports and stuff so that was difficult to do.

After a while it started looking bad. He gave the gecko to me to see if I could help. I mushed up crickets, chicken babyfood, and crestie diet then syringe fed. A week later he ended up dying.

Another thing that aggravated me with Ronnie is she says to keep the little ones in REally Little conatiers that I wouldnt even put 5 crickets in. She says this way they can find the food, no wonder the geckos didnt eat.

I completely forgot about all this, it was last year and sorta slipped my mind until you mentioed hand feeding kurt.

22. wideglide

wideglide Well-Known Member

FYI, I got both of my cresteds from Robbi(sp) and couldn't be happier. Both will eat from my finger and both will also eat silkies, baby food and crix. They seem pretty healthy to me as well and have some awesome patterns and color.

23. CrestedGecko1991

Hi, I was wondering how long can a female crested gecko lay eggs for, like what point in their life do they stop being able to produce eggs? And does a male crested gecko ever stop being able to make the female pregnant?

24. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

Don't quote me on this or anything, but I beleive there are still females and males going past 9 years. I think is the key, if anyone has more info please share.

I've never persoanlly done business with Robbie so I cant be sure. Maybe it was just on my friends part, he was the one that gave me all of my info on the housing, price, feeding etc. Perhaps he did something but refuses to take the blame?

I dunno to be honest, just going with what I heard. But because there are now 2 happy campers with her, I dont know what to believe. She seems knowledeable to me, I've talked with her before. And IMO the prices are fair (in comparison to others at the ohio show, I've seen buckskins for up to $60 that are still babies!).

I'll ak my friend a few Q's about what he did for care and such, I know when I got it, it was in horrible shape and could barely swallow any food. Kurt, when did you get the gecko and what have you been doing for husbandry?

25. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

ive done buisness with Robbie as well as two of my friends, she is great. She says that although she uses babyfood as the staple diet, she gives them crickets once every week or every other week.
    CrestedGecko1991, one breeder told me his female was 10 and still laying