Green anole and heat cable...

Discussion in 'Anoles' started by Tiggere, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Tiggere

Tiggere Embryo

I have two green anoles in a 70 gallon Lizard Lounge and am using a Zoo Med LED/UVB 36" hood for the light...the T5HO heats the tank to about 77 degrees measured at the middle of the tank...which is pretty much ambient temp in the house...this will not be enough in the winter time as we keep the house much cooler...so my thought is to use a heat cable inside a painted pvc pipe with holes drilled in it...the pvc will be on the back wall and be a climbing area for the anoles...think along the lines of a steampunk theme...they tend to hang out in the top of the tank rather than the bottom so didnt want to put it in the substrat...I know heat rises and most use it in substrate but this will also give them more area to move around and if a few "rungs" of pvc dont have heat cable they should be able to find a perfect spot...anyone use this stuff in a pipe/pvc in this fashion?

Note...I will also pipe in the cool mist humidifier through the same pipe and will use flanges on a few ends of the pipe to use as planters...

The heat cable will be on some type of rheostat/thermostat system...

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Tiggere

Tiggere Embryo

Fyi...3 forums later...few hundred views total and ZERO responses...called a respectable dealer and they said on a thermostat it will be no problem...hope this helps someone else...