got my second cresty

Discussion in 'Rhacodactylus (Crested) Geckos' started by Shanna66, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Shanna66

Shanna66 Well-Known Member

ve been checking in on the petco by me for 2 crested gecko morphs, ive been wanting either a high contrast or a dalmation. well yesterday i went into petco with my friend and i saw a dalmation with the citest spots. for the life of me i could not find any employees to get him for me. well my friend saw some coupons that said all reptiles were 50% off the next day (today) so i grabbed a coupon and we left

i went back today just a bit after they opened and got my dalmation. its big enough to sex but i dont want to bother it. the poor thing is in such a panic right now. i was expecting a tiny little baby like they normally have but this guy looks halfway grown so the tank i had set up for it is way too small. when i got home i hurried and set up a 10gal until i can go out and get a good sized storage bin to set up for the little guy.

i will take pictures once he calms down. and im waiting to name him after i find out what gender he/she is. i think it may be a male but im not sure. im hoping its a female but since im not planning on breeding i really dont care too much either way.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

Oh fun! And what luck with the 50% off coupon! Wish the petco around me had that sale going on! Lol.
    And a 10 gal on its side so it's tall is enough room for a crested for about a year or so.... Good luck with him and I hope he calms down for you! And you better get pics soon! I love seeing them, so cute!

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Shanna66

i got a quick look at the vent when i held her up and im pretty sure she is a female. it was just a super quick look though so im not 100% sure.
    my 10gal doesnt have a proper fitting top so i cant put it on its side. plus humidity never holds up well in my room so i would need a bin for her anyways.

im thinking of naming her pan after my gargoyle gecko that died last year since they both have the same jumpy personality

[​IMG]

she is not a happy camper
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i i loved that coupon. i only paid $26 for her including tax ^.^ i dont think i would have gotten a better deal anywhere else

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Blind

Blind New Member

Aww i love the big big spots!

I've got a baby that's growing up to look just like this one!

I'm already at 6 Cresties.. lol

They're addictive :)

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Shanna66

they really are. i thought i would be ok with just one lol

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

Yup, I swear they are like potato chips... you can never have just one, lol

She's a cutie! I love the dalmatians, so pretty!

12. Shanna66

i used to not like them but after seeing more and more pictures of them i fell in love. now they are one of my favorite morphs.

random question. im not planning on breeding anytime soon if at all but i was just curious about something. if i bred her to my pinstripe would i have pinstripe babies with spots?

13. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

I'm not as up and up on my rhac genetics as I am on leo genetics but from seeing people post their pairings and whatnot on a couple forums I think that only pin stripe +pinstripe = pinstripe... I have a feeling you may get pinstripe + dalmation maybe 25% of the time but I can be totally wrong on this... I'm really not sure which is the dominant trait, but I do know that you can have pinstripe + dalmation.... I used to have one :) so it is possible! Lol. Sorry that wasn't much help... I'll have to do some research now :)