Got a Crested gecko today!

Discussion in 'Rhacodactylus (Crested) Geckos' started by Saborfk, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Saborfk

Saborfk New Member

I got me a juvie crested gecko today =)
    [attachment=782:1.jpg] [attachment=783:2.JPG]

His name is Chief anybody have any guesses as to what morph my little "guy" is lol.

Right now cause "he" is so small I got him in a 10 gallon stood on it's side. Moss is the substrate he is on now. The temp in my room stays around 70-75 degrees and most of the day his humidity has been around 64 (using a digital thermo/humidity and also have a stick on humidity percentage thing too lol it says 75-85 most of the time though.)

I got two little dishes sat out, one for food and one for water. I got babyfood peaches in one right now, is their smelling good enough so he should be able to find it tonight or should I set him by it so he knows for sure?

Im pretty sure this is decent CGD I thought I saw the Repashy name thrown around a bit on here So I grabbed some.

[attachment=784:3.JPG]

Lemme know what you guys think :eek:

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. happypotomus

happypotomus Embryo

he's adorable! if i got a male, his name would have been chief too. :) i'm not good at morphs so i'll stay off it, but i just wanted to tell you he's super cute!

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Shanna66

Shanna66 Well-Known Member

maybe a flame? im terrible with cresty morphs, they all look a bit alike to me. he is a very cute little bugger

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

Oh he's a cutie! He definitely looks like a flame morph. And that's the right stuff! Just make sure you mix that with just water, no baby food (it throws off the nutritional balance of the meal replacement powder and then it wouldn't be at nutritious for your gecko as it is made to be). You can give him babyfood once in a while (like once a week or less) as a treat when he's out but if you give him a choice to eat babyfood or the cgd all the time he'll always go for the babyfood and never get the right nutrition.

Good luck with the little guy! He's adorable!

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Saborfk

Saborfk New Member

Thanks Everyone! I was thinking and hoping he was a flame :eek:
    The only reason i was feeding him babyfood was cause it was the first night we had him and I wanted him to eat.
    I have some of the Repashy in the tank now. Whats a good mixture ratio to use? I put two bottle caps full of water and mixed in some of the Cgd but it kinda made alot lol. He licked a little bit of it off of my finger lol

He is such a awesome little guy, still havent really taken him out of the tank yet, worried about him jumping. The first day I had him he made a four foot leap to the floor, scared the crap outta me.

Im thinking of getting a 29 gallon and putting some live plants in there once he gets a little bit bigger. Figured that would be kinda cool. But as of right now I gots no money, had to pay some vet bills for our leo today...poor guy has an eye infection and a bit of mouth rot = ( But we got the meds now :)

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Shanna66

Shanna66 Well-Known Member

i use a tiny pinch and use 2 quirts of water from my spray bottle. it almost fills up the water bottle tops i use as bowls and even then its too much for them to finish. these guys dont eat much at all

12. ajlista

ajlista Well-Known Member

Congrats
    He loooks awesome : ) (I barely know anything on cresties i just wanted to say that xD)
    Well congratulations
    Anthony

13. Saborfk

Saborfk New Member

Lol, I'll keep that in mind next time... I made a whole mess of food last night :eek:

Thanx