Ghost the Brazilian rainbow boa

Discussion in 'Boas' started by Lapidary, May 19, 2012.

1. Lapidary

Lapidary New Member

Not so long ago my dream of having a Brazilian rainbow boa finally came true! I was so excited and happy to have a beautiful female, but also positively surprised to find out that she's the calmest snake ever. Okay, calmest but also quite adventurous, she likes high places and is always trying to go up. I was also prepared for some snappy behavior, but she has shown no signs whatsoever that she's going to bite me (as I've read they have this tendency as babies).

I took a few pictures of her the day she arrived, and after that, every time I've picked her up from her enclosure, she's been in shed. That's why I named her Ghost.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. lizardgurl87

lizardgurl87 HOTM Winner April

She's great! :D Rainbow Boas are always so epic! Just the way they look, with the light reflecting off their scales and giving them that "rainbow" look :) And, nice enclosure for her!(Are there real plants?)Is it a tub or aquarium? She still is young too, right?

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Lapidary

Lapidary New Member

I know, the iridescence is awesome, right? And I really like how it almost feels like she's got no scales, more like skin that is cool and soft. Very pleasant to handle, I have to say.

And thanks! :) All the plants - except the fern in the middle - are real. Helps with the humidity a bit, since that is a plastic Smart Store box she lives in and I made a lot of holes for the ventilation. Ghost is still quite young, I can't remember her exact age, but she was born at the end of 2011. I'm going to keep her in that box as long as I can, since her final enclosure is about 342 gallons. It's rather big, so let's hope she'll grow to be a biiiig girl as well. xD

lizardgurl87 likes this.
  6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. lizardgurl87

lizardgurl87 HOTM Winner April

That's great she has such a big enclosure to look forward to XD wow! 342G, must be pretty big! What is their average length about? I'm guessing pretty good size, like maybe up to 10ft? And I know females will usually get larger in snakes, is that how it is with them?

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Sharman Wisdom

Sharman Wisdom HOTM Winner December

Very pretty snake!! I just got a Central American boa, he is already four feet long! He is really tame though. I love your set ups with the live plants, masks in background. The only fancy setups I have are for my Tokay and Crested geckos, well actually my adult corn snakes have a nice set up.