Few Questions!

Discussion in 'Rhacodactylus (Crested) Geckos' started by Bigbossfan, Mar 31, 2005.

1. Bigbossfan

Bigbossfan Embryo

Well, haven't posted in a while. Heidi is doing great from what I can tell. She is still very skittish (my son is getting upset that I won't let him handle her yet, but I'm afraid she would get away).

She is still only interested in crickets. When I first started, she would hunt them and eat them right away. Now, it seems like she's intimidated while I'm standing there. So I usually dump 4-5 crickets in every night and leave. They are usually all gone in the morning so I know she's getting them anyway.

Still using papertowel for the substrate. Would like to switch to something else, but need to know how old the crestie should be before doing so?? Heidi is about 7 weeks old now.

Thanks.

BBF

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

I wouldnt switch until Heidi is a couple months older. When you do you can use coconut fibers for substrate (Bed-a-Beast, and a couple other names). Just be sure to take out stringy pieces to keep from choking. You can use woodchips too large to swallow, but I dont like them cause the crickets hide easily.

Keep up the good work with Heidi!