Fancy Rat Breeder looking for Feedback

Discussion in 'Feeder Forum' started by TessMillerDT, Dec 7, 2005.

1. johnsmerlin

johnsmerlin Embryo

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Fancy Rat Breeder looking for Feedback

I think if your going to sell a pet rat quality for pet price It shouldnt matter what that rat is used for. All this nonsense wanting the best possible rats for pets only is crazy. If I a snake owner walked up a wanted to purchased say 2 large pet rats at your price because they were the best for my snake then that should be fine with both parties. Yes I realize you want the best for the rats but i also want the best for my snake. A healthy rat is still better than a mill rat. But I am sure before long some "pet" rat breeders might just turn into rat mills anyways. Just my 2 cents.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. jami

jami Member

ya i have a rat that is show quality i say and it was being sold for 1.29 as a feeder

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Janice

Janice ReptileBoards Addict

To rat owners, the rats are the same as owning a cat or a dog. And when they are breeding for pets, it's a little hard to let them go to someone for snake food. I don't think cat or dog breeders would let their kittens or puppies go for snakefood. Same thing.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. LMarshall

LMarshall New Member

since moniters especially savanna moniters benifit from lack of hair, i breed 'patterned' hairless rats for moniters, YES i MIGHT get 'more money' from the 'pet' owners, does that mean that i DONT love and care for my rats? NO ... as a steward of my 'feeders' i believe in humane treatment and good care