Extra 90 gallon tank, wondering what to use it for

Discussion in 'Enclosures, Heating & Lighting' started by joshp, Jul 13, 2005.

1. joshp

joshp New Member

Hello everyone, this is my first post. I have a 90 gallon tank, which used to be for my cornsnake( i know 90 gallons is really big for a cornsnake) which is why I am buying a 29 gallon. I still would like to keep the 90 gallon. Any suggestions as to what I could do to it would be greatly appreciated.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. liza714

liza714 Member

Adult beardies do great in a tank that size. Maybe you could look for one to rescue.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. joshp

joshp New Member

Thanks a lot, I have been wanting beardies and I will do my research on them. If anyone else has any other suggestions then I will thank you for your help.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Blinga04

Blinga04 Well-Known Member

get a boa...i hear they get pretty big, and i see ur into snakes... my friend, can't remember if it's a boa or python he's got, but it's the largest kept in captivity in the world i beleive. he's been on animal planet, david letterman, the today show, etc... it's a 38 footer i believe, it's cage is his garage... next time he has a chance i'll go over and take pics, it's pretty amazing.. feeds it small pigs...

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. SpLiT

SpLiT New Member

small pigs? thats my favorite.. lol. wow. that must be exspensive to by pigs. its good if he eats once every like 2 years.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. blazee

blazee New Member

WOW 38 foot, sounds cool. Try and get some pics please ;).

12. zemane

zemane New Member

a bearded dragon would love that :)

13. garybingham

garybingham Member

how big??? r u shure

14. zemane

zemane New Member

a uro would be fine in that tank!!

15. snake_1_and_snake_2

snake_1_and_snake_2 Embryo

give the tank to me, for my red tail boa, i was going to buy one!!!!lol

16. Laika

Laika New Member

38foot.. gosh thats huge!!! WHERE on earth do u keep that??? I had a hard time fidning room for a 3ft viv in my apartment... god i hope i find a bigger place soon...

17. sycochika

sycochika New Member

I believe he said the snakes home is in the garage.

18. liza714

liza714 Member

Thats too weird as the largest snake officially on record was only 32' something inches. Your friend should notify someone if his is bigger than that.

19. drippingdream

drippingdream Embryo

maybe its 28 feet? and that would still be one of the biggest snakes in captivity. And is it is that long im pretty sure that it is a reticulated python. Those are the longest snakes in the world.

20. Laika

Laika New Member

ahhh.. my mistake!

21. garybingham

garybingham Member

drippingdream,
    i think the largest snake in the world is the green anaconda
    please tellme if im wrong

22. liza714

liza714 Member

Longest snake in terms of length is reticulated python. Record goes to one that was 32'9" found in 1912. Heaviest snakes are anacondas but they are not the longest. Tho rumors of a 10m (40ft) anaconda have been around so long it led to that stupid movie.

If your buddy really has a 38ft snake get us a pic and call guiness. They would love to see it. BTW don't most states have laws about snakes over 20ft as they can (and have) eaten people?

23. Uro_wraith

Uro_wraith New Member

They found one in India not long ago that was 59 feet and if I remember right was nearly 950 pounds. But this was in the wild, now in captivity. My uncle has had boa's (I think, they maybe python's) for as long as I can remember. His last pair were nearly 30 feet when he gave them to the zoo in the Carolina's a few years ago. His current pair now are nearly 20' in length. They have there own room in his house. I can remember swimming in the pool with them when I was about 10. Somewhere I have pictures. The pool is 24' x 36 and in the pictures they are more than half the pool length. He used to send me the sheds so I could take them to school for show and tell.

24. Uro_wraith

Uro_wraith New Member

Has anyone seen the movie taken by the helicopter passanger in Alaska. They are flying the pipeline checking for problem when they come up on snake that takes a few lunges at the helicopter. This thing was huge and was really unhappy. I know they looked for it for nearly a week and never did find it again.

25. liza714

liza714 Member

The 15 meter (50+ foot snake) was supposedly a retic found in Indonesia (not India) but it turned out to be only 19 ft long when it was finally measured. Not even one for the record books. Tho the zoo that has it in captivity raised alot of money and awareness about the reticulated python so I forgive them for exagerrating a little (if you call 30ft little). I would love to see the movie but if it wasnt a fake (like the one of the White shark taking a bite out of a black hawk copter) than it would have been hugely important as very few reptiles live in a tundra region like Alaska to begin with let alone big ones, so odds are it was internet hoax. Like bonsai kittens remember those?