Exotic Crested Geckos

Discussion in 'Rhacodactylus (Crested) Geckos' started by CrestedGecko1991, Jan 8, 2005.

1. CrestedGecko1991

CrestedGecko1991 New Member

Hey, does anyone know if a blue crested gecko actually exists and if you do where would you get one. Send me a picture of one if you can. I am intrested in getting exotic crested geckos, wright now I have a crested gecko that is a dalmation morph and an awsome baby that is a flame morph, it has a red/orange strip down it's back. Once it gets old enough I am going to breed it and hopefully get offspring that look like it.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

yes it does exist. i do not have a picture of it but i have seen one before. JEFFREH had a link to it. i remember he emailed the owner and they never got back to him on it. i do not think they are on the market yet, and if they are i would imagine they would be in the thousands like the Blazing Blizzard Leo

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

Actaully klik that was the snow fire. Which is also REALLY cool.

Blue crested dont actually completely exist yet. But I think in the future anything is possible. Alan Rapeshy from sandfire dragonranch I believe is working on it, and has some lighter colored ones but nothing actually blue yet. There was a 2003 Reptiles magazine with a pic of a blue crestie but they must have done something to make it look more blue than it really is.

I think Garrick from http://crestedgecko.com is also working on a blue morph, cant be 100% positive yet though.

You may just wanna check out this site, they have some aweseme exotic type morphs you can see.
    http://www.pangeareptile.com/pics.htm

I lost the url to the snow fire crestie :D

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

oh sorry about that.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

Its ok, the snow fire did look blue though to me. I would have made the same mistake myself if I didnt already know.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

and that is why JEFFREH is the man when it comes to the Rhacs

12. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

Thanks!

I have to say the same thing for you when it comes to monitors though :wink:

13. CrestedGecko1991

14. CrestedGecko1991

Jeffreh, what type of crested gecko do you have, what pattern/morph?

15. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

He's a a simple buckskin morph. I knew he would be but how could I pass up raising the little guy from day 1 (got him as an egg)? color doesnt really matter to me anyway considering I'm partially colorblind.

He has the best personality in the world too, and just a cm or two under 10 inches. Love him to little bits! But when hes in his active state of color, he gets some nice yellow/orange blotches right near his tummy and he gets a slight orange coloration around his crests too.

My altime favorite morph though, is prolly the chocoate harlequin, or a red harlequin. Gotta love the harlequin pattern. Now just to convince my parents to let me get another! Couldt take awhile... :D

Ok getting a little out of hand here lol.

16. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

JEFF do what i do just show up with the herp and be like its either this or i can use the money to start a drug addiction lol Oh yea, my buckskin is turning out to be getting a lot of spots...looking almost dalmation :D

CrestedGecko: if you want a gorgeous looking morph go for Red morphs, Dalmations, or any type of Fire patterned crestie

17. tmx

tmx New Member

18. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

Yep, thats the pic!

Good digging! Unfortunately I have no idea where you would go about getting one :?

19. Carlos_n_Paco

Carlos_n_Paco Member

looks like she's about ready to shed to me.....that's about it. :roll:

20. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

Could be dunno.

There was some guy asking about it on a site (i think it was reptileforums.com). It was a while back and I joined up and PM'd him to ask where he had found the picture. He gave me the email of the person who owns it and I dropped an email to him asking about it.

Still no response as of today, heck I've lost the email it was about 4-5 months ago as far as I know :(