Ectotherm Yummies Cricket Food

Discussion in 'Leopard Geckos' started by northerngirl73, May 13, 2006.

1. northerngirl73

northerngirl73 New Member

Anybody ever use "The original Cricket Yummies Advanced Feeder Care SystemTM"? It's a management tool to care for feeder insects. System consists of 9 moist, individually wrapped feeding sticks that are easy and convenient to use. They eliminate the need for an additional water source which mean less mess for you, and healthier feeders for your pet.

It is sold at a local pet store near me, they use it to gutload their crix so I was wondering if I should regutload. I hate keeping crix. It sure would be nice if I could rely on being able to just pick up a dozen when I need them, dusting them, and throwing them in.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. axioid

axioid New Member

I've heard of these, but never used them myself. They are too expensive. $3.69 at my LPS(local petstore).

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. sterkrazzy

sterkrazzy New Member

the gel stuff is just fluids really, not a gutload at all

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. axioid

axioid New Member

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Eirecorcaigh

Eirecorcaigh Well-Known Member

I wouldn't use it, just because there are more nutrionally superior choices to that. For instance the cricket gutload from www.cricketfood.com. I've been using that for awhile now, and my geckos are so healthy, fat and happy! :D

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. northerngirl73

I didn't plan on buying some to use at home I was just wondering if the crix from my lps would be sufficiently gutload with it or if I should regutload them?
    Thanks.

12. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 ReptileBoards Addict

Even if that was a good gutload (which I kind of doubt) you would have to buy them every day, just enough for that day's feeding. You can't keep them with no gutload, it's out of their system by the next day so they would serve no purpose to your Leo. If you Leo doesn't eat a dozen a day then you are just wasting them, you can't leave them in there, they will nip/bite your Leo. You are better off getting a good gutload and keeping crickets or using a different feeder like superworms or roaches.

13. northerngirl73

Thanks clem, I have 2 leos so they can easily eat a dozen in a day. I just hoped they would be an easy pick up, when I go to town to get groceries, etc. I have a mealie colony and plan to start on discoids very soon.