does this Red Tail Boa sound female?

Discussion in 'Boas' started by ChicagoCubs22, Jun 7, 2004.

1. ChicagoCubs22

ChicagoCubs22 New Member

well right now (he/she) is on my neck while im typing :), hes only 6 months old or so, but i was going to ask all you RTB owners what your females look like.

Mine is different from the other 6 in its clutch from which i bought it from. This snake out of its clutch looked bigger then the rest. And i know that females grow longer then males. This snake also has an orange tint to it. All the others were RED tail boas, but this has got a completely different orange tint to it. And i know of 2 female RTB's that look exactly like mine. Also, i was noticing the tail of the snake while handling it, and it seems longer, and not as stubby. This probably may be due to her age, shes pretty small, but still, i think thats a trait of females?

Thanks

What do your females look like?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. stormyva

stormyva Well-Known Member

The only true way to tell if you have a female is to have her probed. Either by a vet or someone with a fair amount of experience.
    The appearance and coloring will vary from snake to snake and will probably change quite a bit as the snake gets older.