DIY 10 gallon Incubator

Discussion in 'Enclosures, Heating & Lighting' started by little98dime, Aug 21, 2010.

1. little98dime

little98dime New Member

Hey everyone. Been monitoring the incubator I built all week long and decided i would share it with you all. its a 10 gallon aquarium filled with 3 gallons of water. Bricks were layed on their sides and thick plexiglass was layed on that for the container shelf. Between the bricks is a submersible heater that is adjustable and accurate to 1 degree. I set up 3 containers as if I had eggs in them and put a probe in the top of each except one. I still need to get another probe for that one. I also have 2 temp and humidity gauges, one at the front, one in the back to monitior the tank's air temps and humidity. All week the tank has been stable at 84-85. it goes no higher than 85 and no lower than 84. The containers are even more stable. On the sides of the tank are 2 pieces of foam insulation and covering the top is a hand towel. i noticed that it allows humidity to disipate to a degree and the temps stay stable. Hope this gives some people who are new to breeding (like myself) and idea on how to save money.

[​IMG]