diet ugency

Discussion in 'Iguanas' started by mohikan22, Nov 23, 2004.

1. mohikan22

mohikan22 New Member

im afraid my iggy is gonna give up, :D ive ha dher since thurs morning. since then she has only really eaten 3 whole satsumas finely dusted in nutrabol (calcium and vitamin balancer) and reptavite vit/min/ amino acid supplement.
    i am aware atm she is in "season" due to her colour and scraping around everywhere in her tank. she comes out eveyrday for 20-30 mins (as im unsure she has eggs or not?) and i know that can be dangerous if they break. drinks ok as far as i can tell. humiditiy is gr8 and heat is perfect. also she seems to have eaten a small about maybe 2 slices of sweet potato?any other ideas? im in the uk if its any help?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. CheriS

CheriS Is well known here

Do you mean scraping as in digging?
    If you even think she has eggs, get a Large dropper, or a syringe, without a needle, load it with babyfood and calcium... a few days of triple amts of calcium (commerical grade powder) is not going to hurt her and this sometimes can help them lay eggs that are binding. Rich dark greens should be offered to her, like collards, dandelion, mustard greens

IF thats does not work, or if she is appearing lathergic, she really needs to have vet help... soon

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. mohikan22

mohikan22 New Member

yes scraping like diggin, in all four corners of her tank. not much excrement either. what there is is like bird excrement white liquid state small amount. she isnt lethargic at all when out she away and investigating everything.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. biochic

biochic Well-Known Member

Iguana feces is almost exactly like bird feces so it sounds like her feces is normal but there isn't much of it due to the fact that she's not eating. Definitely take Cheri's advice on the foods, she needs a well rounded diet.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. mohikan22

mohikan22 New Member

ok ill keep you updated on progress :) thx for the help and NFO :D