Deciding on a new lizard!

Discussion in 'General Lizards' started by mattsubb, Jul 27, 2010.

1. mattsubb

mattsubb Embryo

So I have started my build of my 4x2x2, and honestly can't decide on a beardie, blue tongue, or uromastyx. My favorite as far as looks and and from what I'v seen would be the uromastyx, but I also want a pet I can take out and hold and I'v heard they aren't too known for that. Also have heard you can't beat the personality of a blue tongue or beardy. Can somone help me decide haha? Also curious on substrates for these, If I go with a uro could I use sand and then set his food/water dish onto a tile? What type of sand would you reccomend because ovbliously the whole impaction issue is horrible with all the "calcium" sands. I would also like to make it known im not new to reptiles and also work at a local pet store.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. 67

67 New Member

Well, As far as taking them out and holding, I think a Bearded Dragon is the best. Dont know anything about the lizards you mentioned, except they look neat... I dont know if the is ANY sand that is RECOMMENDED. In the bearded dragon world, I think most would agree to stay as far away from it as possible. I always recommend non-adhesive shelf liner, it is great. I have two cut to the correct size, and when one needs cleaned I swap the other in and clean the dirty one, and then its ready for the next time..

Good Luck deciding.

dt

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Shanna66

Shanna66 Well-Known Member

skinks are fun. they are very curious animals and seem to like having stuff to do. but i think that the beardy will be the most people friendly of all of them. beardies are the dogs of the reptile world, they love to be held and get really upset when you go too long without taking them out lol

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. numforomega

numforomega Embryo

Hello,
    just contact his breeder of lizards thro email christiano1988@hotmail.co.uk and asked if he still have the species you for sell. i bought my own uromastyx from the breeder.
    thanks and best of luck