crocodile skink

Discussion in 'General Lizards' started by cutter358, Jul 26, 2009.

1. cutter358

cutter358 Embryo

:) I have the chance of buying a crocodile skink. Do they make good pets? I already have a lepord geko that is doing well. I cannot find very much info on the orange crocodile skink. Do they do well in captivty?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. wearentfree420

wearentfree420 Member

I believe teiry's skins are those kind.

From what i've heard most of them are kind of skittish and shy, but there are always exceptions.
    His do well and they have good colors.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. teiryklav

teiryklav Member

hi. you should not miss the chance! they're very cool! :) :)
    mine is not that skittish and shy, i have one one is like that but one has no manner, eat just like a pig lol :)
    just make sure you provide them with everything you need (big water bovwl! they'll bath a lot on that lol) and evrything else!
    this is one of the best site about red eyed crocodile skink
    www.tribolonotus.com
    hope this helps xD
    and here's some pics of my red eyed croc skink, he's a happy skink LoL
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Shanna66

Shanna66 Well-Known Member

he is so pretty. yu know you are making me jealous right?

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. 00luke00

00luke00 Well-Known Member

Crocodile skinks are one of my favourite types of lizards. They are such awesome critters and really do look like miniture alligators!

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. teiryklav

teiryklav Member

more pics coming to make shanna jealous (no im not that mean lol!! but perhaps after i take more pics? lol)
    anyway is cutter coming back? lol

12. Shanna66

more pics would be loved ^.^ i adore seeing your skink

13. teiryklav

teiryklav Member

in hard school now so got not much time for ol :)

14. 00luke00

00luke00 Well-Known Member

Your skinks are amazing.

15. cutter358

cutter358 Embryo

Thanks for your info . If I get the croc skink I will let you know. Maybe you can tell me how you keep yours. :)

16. reptileworld

reptileworld New Member

i would get one they are so nice and very friendly ;) but it is up 2 you mate you are the one who as got it for years to come so please think about it before you get it reptiles are for life not just for a day :p :)

very nice croc skink mate good job :)

17. teiryklav

teiryklav Member

thanks all..
    cutter, if you have anymore question, feel free to ask us ;)

18. reptileworld

reptileworld New Member

teiryklav the only thing i would like to no is how long do they live for ? please let me no thanks ;);)

19. teiryklav

teiryklav Member

actually no one knows :p
    this thing hasnt been kept for too long and there are not many people who keep them for long times like at least 10 years. but THEY said, they can get up to 10 years.

:)

anyway no =/ know lol ;)

20. Just_Some_Guy

Just_Some_Guy Well-Known Member

They look great! I was told that Crested Gecko's hadn't been kept in captivity long enough for people to know how long they live. (This was 5 years ago). We I think we can safely say its 10 years or so. But anyway's great looking Skink, if I was a fan of them that would be my favorite!

Are there any good books that you would recommend?

21. Shanna66

as long as they live longer than my rats i wont complain

22. teiryklav

teiryklav Member

lol, how long do rats live? 2 years? ;) :p

thankss.. arent you a fan of thorny? lol :)
    no, i've never seen any books about tribs, but i live in indonesia where herping is so slow so i think you must have some good books in uk etc :)

23. Shanna66

if its a healthy pet rat who never has any health issues then 7 years, sadly that almost never happens, 2-3 years is much more common, ive already had one of my boys get sick and die before getiing to a year and one of my favorites has always got the worst respitory infections because of how petco was caring for them, not to mention 5 out of 6 of my boys came from a mill where they werent bred for health so ill probably have to put them all down in a few years because of something. but their short lives gives me an excuse to spoil them even more, make their short time on earth fun ;)
    but yeah, 2 years seems to be one of the more normal lifespans of domesticated rats, they are very very very prone to tumors

24. teiryklav

teiryklav Member

hey wait shanna, so they're the same type of rat you give to your snake??

25. Shanna66

yup, well i would never feed my babies to my snakes, but domesticated rats are exactly the same as normal feeder rats, some of my boys i even got from the feeder bin and one of them was being purchased as snake food but i asked the guy if i could have him because i had been watching him at the store for a few weeks and couldnt stand to think of him as dead, the guy got another rat instead and gave me Sprocket.
    it doesnt help that my favorite rat colors are the ones that usually are bred to be feeders ;) only 2 out of the 7 i have owned were planned, the rest i got on the spot for some reason or another