crickets via internet

Discussion in 'Feeder Forum' started by Spot, Sep 1, 2004.

1. Spot

Spot ReptileBoards Addict

Does anyone know of any websites which sell small # of cricks at reasonable prices? I've searched hi and lo and found most sell minimum of 250. I only have 1 leo and not interested in breeding, so I'm looking for 100 max. per delivery. I'm beginning to think it doesn't exist. :?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. herpslave

herpslave Member

lllreptile to my knowledge. they sell 50-7 for about 5 bucks I think. Why don;t you just buy about 500 and let em grow while your leo grows? With proper gutload they live long.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Spot

I checked lllrep. and the smallest amt is 500. One of these days, I may get brave and keep 500, but right now, I'm happy just handling 50-100 at a time...I know the chirping is soothing to some, but it drives me batty at night!!

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Bacardi

Bacardi New Member

i hate chirping crickets. u ca get silent crickets btw. might aswell get them

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. herpslave

herpslave Member

Baby crickets do not chirp. Nor do medium crickets. LLLreptile will tell get you a perfect size for no chirping. If you have a basement or somewhere you can't hear them then you should not have to worry.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Spot

Yeah, I know it's the adults that chirp. The problem is that when I buy them they're quiet, but they grow!! Now I've got a tub full of adult cricks singing a symphony! I do keep them in my garage, so it's not a huge problem. I just keep a handful in the bedroom next to my leo tank so I don't have to run to the garage every night. All it takes is one chirper - but I shut those in the bathroom at night so it's really not THAT bad! :roll:

12. herpslave

herpslave Member

13. Spot

Cool, didn't know non-chirpers existed - wonder if they're available in the U.S...

14. shrap

shrap ReptileBoards Addict

You can't get them in small quantities from Grubco.com but I have been real impressed with these folks. You can even get your mealworms in 4 different sizes.

15. herpslave

herpslave Member

16. shrap

shrap ReptileBoards Addict

Cool....Thanks for the heads up herpslave!!