Crested gecko enclosures

Discussion in 'Enclosures, Heating & Lighting' started by Lapidary, May 18, 2012.

1. Lapidary

Lapidary New Member

I own two crested geckos, one adult male and one juvenile, probably female. I tend to renew their tanks quite often (well, like 2-3 times a year), and so I've decided to create my own picture thread for these projects.

It's been some time ago since I last bought new plants for my cresties, and the pictures I'm going to post now are from that time, so quite old. I'm going to renew them soon, but I thought it'd be nice to show what those enclosures currently look like. So far my cresties have really enjoyed them!

[​IMG]

The adult male lives in an Aquarell glass tank that measures 50 x 50 x 80 cm (approximately 19.7 x 19.7 x 31.5 inches). It's a great tank I have to say, the humidity stays up easily and you don't need to mist that often. I aim at using real plants, but the fern (left corner) is fake.

[​IMG]

My juvenile crestie still lives in a rather small Exo Terra, its measures are approximately 11.8 x 11.8 x 17.7 inches. I like the design of this terrarium, but it's a bit harder to keep the humidity level up. This enclosure also contains one fake plant (pinned to the glass wall), the rest are real.

So, the next time I post more pictures, both these tanks will have undergone a bit of a change! :)

Cammy, Louie, lizardgurl87 and 2 others like this.
  2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

Those look awesome! You must have some very happy cresties :)

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Lapidary

Lapidary New Member

Thank you. :) I sure hope so!

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Louie

Louie Member

Spectacular enclosures , looks like a raw piece of nature.