Check out my cage!!!!

Discussion in 'Enclosures, Heating & Lighting' started by MotoX9928, Nov 4, 2005.

1. MotoX9928

MotoX9928 Embryo

I built this cage and I was wondering how much would u pay for a cage like this? It is made out of stryphome and tilegrout and took about 2 weeks to build. I am thinking of selling it and was wondering if someone would tell me how much they would pay or just leave a nice comment about it. Thanks..........Jeff

http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/2499/picture0061ck.jpg

http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/9929/picture0047qc.jpg

http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/845/picture0058al.jpg

http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/8105/picture0018tn.jpg

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. D00M

D00M Well-Known Member

Looks nice! If I had a bearded dragon I would probably more interested in making one for myself. As for price im not sure... If I were you I wouldn't sell such a treasure. :)

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Kory8

Kory8 Embryo

ive got a beardie, and my cage dosent look like that at all. howd you make it. and what kind of beardie is that. mines got sandfire, some german giant and some regular.

Kory

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Orangemen08

Orangemen08 Member

very cool cage but how do you clean the hide? does it come out? also how big of a cage is it?

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. MotoX9928

MotoX9928 Embryo

It is very easy to clean because I have a tile grout sealer on it so when he does his buisness it comes out easy with a simple half bleach half water solution. It is about 5 feet long, 2.5 feet high and about 2 feet deep. I used strophome and tile grout to make it. And the bearded dragon is just a normal dragon that I bought at Petsmart. I am having a problem with him though cause he hasnt eatin in about a week and a half and he hasnt pooped in about 3 or 4 weeks. If u have any idea what may be wrong please help. Also I really enjoy your comments but I am about to sell it and am wondering what you would pay for such a cage. It would really help out alot. I dont want to list it and give up such a tresure for such a cheap price. If you have any other questions dont hesitate to ask.

Thanks...........................Jeff

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. wormiebj

wormiebj New Member

he is probly impacted

12. MotoX9928

MotoX9928 Embryo

What do u mean by impacted?

13. MotoX9928

MotoX9928 Embryo

Please someone tell me how much u think I could sell it for. Im not trying to sell it to any of you. I just need a estimate on its value. I wouldnt want to sell such a great cage for a small price.

14. Orangemen08

Orangemen08 Member

we need the size!!!! lol if its a ten gallon maybe 30 bucks... i was talking about the hide in the corner

15. MotoX9928

MotoX9928 Embryo

Oh Im sorry I glanced at it and thought it said somthing else. It does not come out and he doesnt do his buisness in there anyways. I just brush the sand out and sift it. The cage is 68 inches long (5ft 6in) by 30 inches high (2ft 6 in) by 17 inches deep (1ft 5in). Its 151 gallons aproximently.

16. Orangemen08

Orangemen08 Member

well i would find a way to make that removable before i bought it as if someone has a beardie that does do his business in there.. it could cause problems to say the least

17. MotoX9928

MotoX9928 Embryo

He wouldnt do it on the walls he would do it on the sand. I think he did it in there before and it just took a few seconds to clean. There is no problems with it you can easily put a whold hand in there. I just need a value. Please!!!

Thanks................Jeff

18. Orangemen08

Orangemen08 Member

well i would say if it could be easily cleaned 200 bucks... i dont know im just throwing a number out there

19. MotoX9928

MotoX9928 Embryo

Thats all I needed though... THanks a milion.

20. Orangemen08

Orangemen08 Member

yep... sure thing lol that wasnt so hard!!!

21. sycochika

sycochika New Member

That enclosure is so neat. THe only thing I would change if i were to make a replica of that tank would be making the hide removable to clean it.

22. sycochika

sycochika New Member

and the sand of course.

23. PoohBear03031

PoohBear03031 New Member

Just my opinion, but if your dragon hasn't gone to the bathroom in four weeks, you should be more concerned with getting him to the vet than how much you can sell his cage for. Impaction means that he has ingested something that has blocked his bowels up. Making him unable to poop. I can not say for certain that is the problem, but if I am correct about the four week period with no poop, there is something very serious going on. Please post an update on his condition.

24. BigZ3788

BigZ3788 Well-Known Member

THese cages look very cool but they seem like they would be hard to clean. Nice job.

25. brittone05

brittone05 Well-Known Member

Hi. Has your beardie's health issue improved any? Have you seen a vet to have him checked for possible impaction? This is the main reason why the large percentage of people steer away from sand, bark etc. as a substrate. Good old newspaper or paper towels does a great job.

Your tank is very good and I think for the size of it that $200 (about £120 ish over here) is very reasonable. In the UK for a bare wood/glass fronted 3' viv with no equipment or hides it costs about £100 from the shops so if someone did buy it from you for that price I would say they'd got a bargain.

PLEASE do update us all on your beardie though - it is pointless having such a lovely viv if you've no animal to use it :)