Caution! Where do you buy your crickets?

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by Explodingboy01, Jul 28, 2004.

1. missy

missy Member

ew do u seriously rip their legs off?? :shock:

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

i rip the legs off sometimes, or i just pinch the part close to the body until it crunches, then they have to drag their legs wen they walk. Its awesome cause the cricket looks so defensles against the Leo.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. herpslave

herpslave Member

I don't support suffering of anything really. But it is a easier way for your leos to catch the cricket quick. And my leos are feeding fiends.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

i only do it wen my sis refuses to leave my room (she can be sooo annoying). she gets grossed out by it then runs for her room.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. missy

missy Member

LOL
    i no wut u mean i have a bro like that

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. kephy

kephy Moderator

Really? I order from them and pay the same price, but it's isn't overnight shipping. The order goes in on Monday and the crickets normally arrive on Thursday. Maybe it isn't truly overnight shipping, but you just live really close to them?

12. herpslave

herpslave Member

washington and sandiego are far away. They send the crickets on monday to be took to the post office. They ship on monday and I recieve at about 5 o clock on monday here. They also have 2 day shipping. That may have been your problem. or maybey they made an accident or your post office really reaks... You can get a trcking number and get the crickets on monday or tuesday most likely from the post office. Or ask them to come to your house while they are shipping stuff.

13. kephy

kephy Moderator

This is what is said on their website.

I never upgrade to overnight or 2 day air, I just get the shipping that comes with the order and it takes about 3-4 days.

Do you order every single monday? Maybe you are getting the order from last week each monday when you order again. I don't know. But the shipping that comes with the order is not overnight.

14. Explodingboy01

Explodingboy01 New Member

???

Don't know what happened there? :shock: All I know, is that I've never had a problem with them. I just ordered another 2000 crix yesterday evening and I received a confirmation from them today telling me to expect this in 3-4 days as usual. Their checkout is very self explanatory, and you have a choice of paying with credit card or Pay-Pal (which is my preference.) Maybe you caught them on a bad day. Sometimes web servers glitch and things don't go through properly, or your service may have been dropping in and out (my broadband connection does that every now and then.)

Kephy said she'd consider trying wormman. I wish she would, and let us know how the service was. I hate being the only saying, "Hey! try wormman, while everybody else says go lllreptile. Truth of the matter is I really don't care where you buy your crix, as long as you're aware of Reptilefood and the spiders.

I think I asked earlier, if anyone else has had any spiders in their shipments from reptilefood, but I think this thread went in a different direction.

15. kephy

kephy Moderator

Yeah I am gonna try wormman, when I need to place my next order. Probably someitmes this week. I'll let ya know what I think.

16. helmethead

helmethead New Member

I use LLLreptile for crickets. They have pretty good service, and the couple times they made a mistake, they really made up for it and were very nice too.

17. jo_edwards

jo_edwards New Member

I get those spiders in my crickets in the UK, they look identical anyway, and those brown recluse spiders don't live anywhere here so nmaybe it's not them. In fact my baby beardies prefer them to the crix

18. HaTeMe

HaTeMe Embryo

ive had reptile food mess up a order for 1000 1/4 crickets they sent me something way smaller than what they should be. then the replacements were 1/2 inch crickets. needless to say i wont be ordering from them either. cause i needed 1/4 crickets for my anoles the first time i orderd them they were the right size and everything. the second time they just plain fell alseep at the wheel. its been a week and those crickets are still small

19. herpslave

herpslave Member

Do not feed any spider to a beardie! Any spider that has poison is fatal! Even ones without poison can be fatal.

20. dragondude

dragondude Embryo

This can be (and almost always is) more expensive than the companies who sell them by the thousands. At the local PETCO crickets cost as much as 11 cents a piece! I highly suggest buying them from somebody like wormman...

21. Darina

Darina Embryo

Can the brown recluse spider be found in the united kingdom?? . I receive my crickets from a mail order company based in England. When I opened up one box of crickets I discovered a quite large brown spider in the egg carton. I was horrified as I have never seen such a spider like that before. as far as i know they breed the crickets in their factory at the same address.

22. herpslave

herpslave Member

If they are not allowed in the uk, I would report them to the police. This is a good way to get irresponsible businesses to either shape up or be forced to stop there business.

23. VIN

VIN New Member

I use timberline.... They are great and will not hesitate to spend any period of time helping u. They r the best in customer service... I remember the first time i used them I spent something like 20 dollars with them and they hand wrote me a thank u card..... I was shoked...... TIMBERLINE

24. iguanaman

iguanaman Embryo

Thanks for the heads up i was just bout to order crickets from them. Now i Know i will buy them somwhere else. Wow how big are those spiders so i can keep a lookout!!!!

25. kimberlyanne999

kimberlyanne999 Member

sorry - i know this post is so old, but i wanted to let you guys know that last night i found this EXACT same spider in my crickets from reptilefood.com.... NOT GOOD.