Caught a 5 lined skink

Discussion in 'General Lizards' started by biggsxr, Apr 19, 2004.

1. biggsxr

biggsxr Embryo

Hi guys! I caught a 5 lined skink today. Or should i say a piece of taped caught him for me. Well anyway my questions are 1) When the taped was removed it pulled alot of his scales off, will these grow back? 2) If he survives this ordeal what should i feed him? He seems to be doing ok moving around good and all, but i know he went through alot of stress, so im trying to leave him alone as much as possible. Gave him some water and a hide. Well thanks for any well you all can give.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. lacerta

lacerta Member

Is he an adult or juvenile ? (Juvies have bright blue tail). They eat insects. Small beetles, mealworms, grasshoppers or appropriate sized crickets. Minor scale damage should regenerate itself during the next shed. Make sure you give him a humid hide. Give his cage a good misting every morning. Give him time to acclimate. Setting up the proper temps shouldn't be a problem (check the temps outside).
    George

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. biggsxr

biggsxr Embryo

bad news

Well bad news guys, i guess the stress of it all was just to much for him. Sadly he passed away over night. but thanks for the help. :)