can i use this with great stuff foam

Discussion in 'Enclosures, Heating & Lighting' started by jacob #kswag, Mar 19, 2012.

1. jacob #kswag

jacob #kswag New Member

so i just made a figure with great stuff foam but now i dont have silicon so can i use : "dynaflex230" made by dap or can i use"quad ios windows doors and siding"? will it be safe to use to have the dirt stick on the great sstuff?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

The dynaflex 230 sealant states that it is mildew and mold resistant. Usually this means that it has trace amounts of copper and other elements that it releases as it gets moist which in-turn kills the mold and mildew spores that can grow in a moist environment. This is usually a pretty high health risk to your reptile so I wouldn't recommend using that product. You can get 100% silicone (no additives) at any hardware and even more pet shops. Usually it comes in a blue or green squeeze-type container and it may say aquarium safe on it as well.

I'm not sure what the "quad ios windows doors and siding" is... so I can't comment on that. Is there another description or could you take a photo of it?

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. jacob #kswag

jacob #kswag New Member

great i went to the store and bought 100% silicone

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

That's perfect! If you're doing a background and just bought clear or some color you don't want to see silicone you could stick cocofiber to it, or eco-earth :) Both are aesthetically pleasing :)