Cage for a Ball Python.....

Discussion in 'Enclosures, Heating & Lighting' started by CWGW1, Feb 3, 2004.

1. CWGW1

CWGW1 Embryo

Hey all.....looking for advice on an enclosure for a 2 yr. old, 3 ft. male ball python. The glass tank he's in now is in pretty rough shape, and is too small for him. Also, any rec's on how much light and/or heat sources? Anyone has any ideas on the best way to go about this, let me know.....

Thanks...

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

Have you had a look at any of the commercially available enclosures such as Neodesha Cages? Or are you looking to build something up yourself?

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. BoaMan

BoaMan New Member

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. CWGW1

CWGW1 Embryo

Yea, I'd looked at some commercial cages, but hadn't found anything promising. I'm also sort of new to the world of constrictors, this is my first and I've only had him about 6 months. Before that I had a Panther Chameleon and random garter snakes that I caught around my house back in OH. I'm gonna check out these links and see what comes about.
    Thanks for the help guys.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

Even if you want to build your own, they may give you some ideas as to dimensions, and appearance that you could try to emulate with wood, or plastic.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. SparkPug

SparkPug New Member

Have you seen http://animalshare.wantapet.com/animalplastics/index.html ? I have my Beardy in a #T10 (4ftx2ftx15") with a 30"x12" screen on top. My hognose snake is in a #T3 with 2 8.5" circle screens. They come in 4 colors and are very sturdy and very easy to clean. They also make them in all sorts of shapes and sizes too.

12. Demonic_Rage

Demonic_Rage Embryo

JUst remeber that ball pythons like tight spaces because it makes them feel safe and secure. Temp should range between 80 and 90 degrees. I keep my right at about 85. As for lighting I keep lights on my snakes for about 13 to 15 hours out the day. Cage ideas follow what everyone else has said. Good luck with you new found buddie

13. Leopardman

Leopardman Embryo

bulding a wooden frame and using plexi-glass is also another choice
    its cheap and easy especially when you need a large cage and don't want to spend $100 on a large aquarium