Bye bye to my geckos.

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by Axe, Feb 16, 2003.

1. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

Hello everybody,

Well, yesterday evening, Hobotramp (Lyndsay) and her husband (Glenn) came to visit us while they were down here in Florida. What good fun it was. Went out for steak, annoyed the waitress, had a coupla beers, and came home n' chatted reptiles all night. ;)

They should be coming back over sometime today to pick up the leopard geckos & the viper gecko and taking them back to Canada with them. It'll be sad to see them go, but I know they're going to a great home, so I know they'll be happy.

So, everybody wish them, and the geckos, a safe trip back home :)

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. natashaccollins

natashaccollins Member

Cool, have a nice trip peoples and take care. Bye geckos

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. stormyva

stormyva Well-Known Member

geee... what should we say... sorry to hear about you losing your pets or congrats on placing them on a great new home!

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. hobotramp

hobotramp Member

Hey all,
    Just letting everyone know that we made it home safe and sound. Pulled into our snow filled driveway (yuch) at 11:30 pm last night. Aside from Sue throwing up the superworm the first day, the trip went well. We fed everyone when we got home last night and held them all for a bit. We watched all of them eat and they seem okay. We'll be introducing them to their new homes today.
    Axe and Cheri... great getting to know you in person. We'll really have to try to get to Daytona... and I meant it about the coffee. Anytime!!! We stopped overnight in Georgia on the way home... just too tired to drive (both of us). Watered all the little ones, but after noticing the superworm, didn't want to push the food. Huff had more water and had eaten all his mealies by the morning though. Everyone had at least 3 or 4 crickets last night. We'll keep you up to date on everyone too. Thanks again for letting us take your babies in. We'll take good care of them.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

Glad to hear everybody made it home safely. Perhaps it was the travel that made su bring up the superworm. Sandy did the same thing after her trip to Tampa.

And no need to thank me, like I said, I know they've gone to a good home, and it was great getting to know you too. If you can make it to Daytona, we'll definitely have a blast - I'll find some decent beer for Glenn :)

You didn't say, did you find any more anole eggs after you got back? :)

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. nathanjburt

nathanjburt New Member

Sorry you had to loose your pets but at least they have a greay home that they have gone to.

Glad you got home safe and sound.

12. hobotramp

hobotramp Member

No new eggs, but we'll be doing both anole enclosures this weekend. Let you know then. Cleaning the agama enclosure right now. Lots to clean!!!

13. XzyluM

XzyluM New Member

Whew, my first thought was you lost them. Good to here they made it fine!