buying a gecko but I having some concerns help asap

Discussion in 'Rhacodactylus (Crested) Geckos' started by StephanieC, Mar 30, 2010.

1. StephanieC

StephanieC Embryo

as far as i know, he is able to breed. loves being handled.
    feeding him crickets and crushed banana mixed with calcium. he feeds very well
    selling him because i am going to be moving out of town soon and don't think it would be a good idea to bring him with me seeing as a lot of apartments do not allow pets in the building. named him Rico.

This is the e-mail I received form Tom (the seller) what worries me is the diet and I do have a pic, anything I should ask him? or should i just buy one from my local reptile store, any insight would rock, thank you, the post is old, march 10th, with me being the first to inquire about, the gecko is three years old.

Attached Files:

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Crazy4Herps

Crazy4Herps Hooked on Reptiles

Is that a crested gecko? With the lighting it sort of looks like a golden gecko, but anyways...

If it is a crestie, a diet of bananas and calcium is not going to keep him healthy. Crested Gecko Diet (made by Repashy) is a pre-made, very healthy diet for crested geckos. They'll be healthy on this alone, but they do appreciate insects such as crickets as well as fruits. However, fruits alone (even if mixed with calcium) is not going to be enough.

Buying from a reptile store would be the safe way to go. However, adoptions are so much fun! Personally, I would definitely choose to adopt, but it's up to you.