bulk crickets

Discussion in 'Feeder Forum' started by Spot, Aug 18, 2004.

1. Spot

Spot ReptileBoards Addict

I've had my leo for 3 weeks and am already getting tired of running to the store to buy a few cricks at a time and have them die on me anyway. I'm looking to buy them in bulk via the web, but hv some ques
    Currently, my juvie eats about 5 medium cricks/dy. I looked around and found that the fewest number of cricks they sell is 250 - which means that the rate my leo eats, they shld last a little less than 2 months.

OK here's the ques.-how long do these cricks live? If I get 250, are there going to live long enough for my leo to eat all of them?
    Do I need to get smaller, younger cricks to let them grow and live longer? In which case my leo will be eating more of them until they get bigger which means that they'll be eaten faaster. Kinda confusing logic - not sure I'm making myself clear...

Do most of you who only have to feed one small lizard just buy from the local pet shops? My nearest source is Petco which sells them at 10cents each. - gets a bit pricy not to mention the time I spend going there 2x/wk!

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. herpslave

herpslave Member

Get some good gutload form cricketfood.com. Buy some alittle below medium sized crickets, About 500. Or buy quarter inchers they will grow to medium size in about a week and a half- 2 weeks and a half. A good place is lllreptile.com or superwormfarm.com. I buy in 2,000's with quarter inchers for my baby beardies.. And maybey some medium to large for my adult beardies.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Spot

Spot ReptileBoards Addict

Thanks, I'm getting my nerve up to try...Pretty daunting to think of so many in my house on purpose!!! (I'm not too crazy about bugs). but can't learn until I try, right?

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. missy

missy Member

herpslave ur hotdog pic is screwing up my pc

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

pssst missy, his names Hotdoggy Dan or Sweaty Sue