Bubblegum rat snake?

Discussion in 'Corns & Rat Snakes' started by Ash19, Dec 3, 2005.

1. Ash19

Ash19 Well-Known Member

I thought that at first as well. But this place knows their stuff. And the snake has no white whatsoever. It's not even really pink. More of a buff/peach colour. No pattern. Just the solid colour. With red eyes and pink tongue. I can get pics tomorrow for sure. But these snakes do exist, as rare as they seem. It's just a cross between two rat snakes. I managed to get a few words with the store owner today :)

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. garybingham

garybingham Member

a reptile store near me has some up for sale take a look at the 4th pic top row

http://www.coasttocoast.co.uk/snakezoo.htm

this is how its described (sp)

Bubblegum
    E. o. spp. Bright bubblegum pink with yellow heads. Crossed between albino Everglades, albino Yellow and albino Black Ratsnakes

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Ash19

Ash19 Well-Known Member

Thanks gary!! That's quite helpful. It does look pretty much like that. Silly me, I was at the pet store today but totally forgot about taking pics :roll: Well he was in the back hiding anyway. I'm going again this week.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. garybingham

garybingham Member

its ok ash i was looking at the site and seen the pic so i posted it hear,

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Ash19

Ash19 Well-Known Member

Finally got a pic of the bubblegum! I had a few but most of them didn't turn out very well. You can still tell what it looks like though, generally. Like gary said, it does have yellow on the bottom half of his head. He also has darker pink spots along his back. His colours are really coming in as he grows bigger. The more I see him, the more I want him. I'm not sure anymore how well he's being taken care of though, as he's on sand for substrate.
    [​IMG]
    Sorry for the bad pic. That's a camera phone for you.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. brado

brado Member

Oy, I figured you'd have him a week ago! :D

He's deffenatly a nice looking critter, he'd deffenetly make a nice addition to the photo album here. :(

12. Ash19

Ash19 Well-Known Member

Thanks brado! I think so too. I was hoping to have him already as well. But I probably won't till closer to Christmas :roll: I can't wait!!

13. garybingham

garybingham Member

ash buy it now as a early x-mas prezy for youself

14. Ash19

Ash19 Well-Known Member

Lol well I'm definitely considering it!

15. Janice

Janice ReptileBoards Addict

Go and get it Ash!!! You'll kick yourself if someone else gets it!!!

16. mxracer4life_41

mxracer4life_41 Member

Isn't the bubblegum a morph of the black rat snake? Thats what I was thinking. I always wanted one, but they are a little hard to find. You can actually breed rat snakes to corn snakes, or so I hear, so they must be very closely related. I want to see those pics Ahsley! :)

17. Ash19

Ash19 Well-Known Member

They're actually a cross between 2-3 different rat snakes, all albino morphs. One being the black rat snake, the others Everglades rat and yellow rat. They are very rare to find eh? The only other place I've seen them (not with my own eyes) is Reptilia in Vaughan, Ontario. That's about an hour away from me. So I think I'll take everyone's advice here and go for it! :)