brown tree frog? (suposed to be green)

Discussion in 'Treefrogs' started by wased0, Oct 12, 2006.

1. wased0

wased0 Embryo

why is my tree frog turning brown is that bad? sorry i am kind of new to this
    and would a black light hurt the frog? i have a green american tree frog (right now he is brown though?)

thanks
    wased0

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. nuggular

nuggular Well-Known Member

They will go from brown to green all the time. It depends on humidity, mood, tempurature, ect...... I wouldnt worry to much about it.

And yes, a black light is not good for the frog. The light will hurt it eyes, and could cause damage over time. Nocturnal frogs cant see red light, so you could go get some red lights from walmart or the petstore if you really want to see him at night. Otherwise, you dont really need a light on at night if your room temps dont fall below 65F.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. wased0

wased0 Embryo

hey thanks again for your help. i was getting a little worried about my little guy. what if you have already used the black light for like lets say 30 minuets to an hour? is that going to effect his vision?

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. nuggular

NP. No, he should be fine. Just stop using the light. ;)

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. wased0

wased0 Embryo

how often should they eat?

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. nuggular

If he is a juvienile, every day, I'd say 3-4 crickets. If he is full grown, feed everyother day, 3-4 crickets. Do you need a caresheet or anything?

Heres a great caresheet for a Dart Frog Breeder I know personally. You can trust the info on this caresheet 100%

http://www.amphibiancare.com/frogs/careshe...entreefrog.html

Good Luck.