broke?

Discussion in 'Iguanas' started by reptipoo, Dec 23, 2004.

1. reptipoo

reptipoo New Member

my friend has 2 iguanas um mayble like a foot in length they are still really young. but on the front feet on oth his iguanas one of the fingers is like broken or bent. now that my iguana is getting bigger i noticed that his finger on the front is bent like that too. is that normal? or what is it?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

its most likely broken and it is all too common in green iguanas considering they come from iguana farms that take poor care of their animals

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. boygman

boygman Embryo

this is the guy who reptipoo was talking about...im not sure that the fingers are broken,even though they look like they are cuz it doesnt seem to bother them

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. biochic

biochic Well-Known Member

Is there any way you could show us a pic? Iguanas toes are extremely long but they aren't very good for dexterity. They don't bend them easily or grab onto anything with them much, they mostly use their claws for support. Unless they are bent at odd angles other than the normal inward direction they should bend, then they most likely are okay. If you see abnormal bulges in areas other than the "knuckles" or if joint won't bend at all then I'd take them to a vet soon.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. boygman

boygman Embryo

theres no bulges or un-bendable joints...so itsm ore than likely normal

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. TerroristCareBear

TerroristCareBear Embryo

chuckie i think all iguanas are like that cause mine are and so are martys and every iguana ive seen so im pretty positive thats just how their fingers go

12. biochic

biochic Well-Known Member

They're fingers are very flexible. I've seen mine twist his in all kinds of shapes and he just doesn't even notice! If they don't appear to be sore and they look good like you said, they're probably fine.