Bob and Margrets new cage.

Discussion in 'Enclosures, Heating & Lighting' started by froggystyle34, May 31, 2004.

1. froggystyle34

froggystyle34 New Member

Here it is the old one was great for Bob but i have margret now, and they needed to go from a one bedroom apartment to a 5 bedroom house ha ha

[​IMG]

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. igot_dragon

igot_dragon New Member

thats is an awesome cage!!! i love the second story thing you have going on and the screen in the front two thumb! what did you use for the walls and roof???

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Dylacat

Dylacat Member

Your enclosure completely inspires me. I love it, and I bet that Ama would too. Is that something that you recycled, or did you completely construct it yourself? Great job! :lol:

Take care,
    Rebecca

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. froggystyle34

froggystyle34 New Member

i did this my self out of one sheet of melamine and lots of time. the front is framed door with plexi galss, the roof is melamine and the side are too. if you want i can post out some plans for it. it works out really well as far as floor space and what not. the lights are flood lights that they sell at walmart all you have to do is hang them up and plug them in the two strip lights the one on the right is repti sun 8.0 and the other is a plant gro for light. all in all it cost about 100 buck to make a 4x2x2 enclosure which isnt really that bad. let me know if you want plans for it or maybe i can put it in the data base.

ken

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Dylacat

Dylacat Member

Ken~
    I'd love to see some plans for that. I am slightly mechanically deficient :lol: but I'd love to try. Is it fairly hard? And where do you get melamine?

Thanks,
    Rebecca

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. TomServo

TomServo New Member

Home Depot and Lowes for a start :lol:

12. froggystyle34

froggystyle34 New Member

it is not hard at all, basically you build a box, ventilate it, heat it, secure it, and you are good to go. melemine is a heavy plastic coated MDF so it is really heavy but saves time so you dont have to stain or protect the wood and wait a month for it to completley cure. well when i get home i will throw up some plans and give that a go.

ken

13. TomServo

TomServo New Member

Depends on the thickness.. you "should" be able to go thinner with that material as compared to other kinds.

14. froggystyle34

froggystyle34 New Member

you can go with a thinner material the next cage i build i think i am going to do it out of 1/2 inch oak and stain it and all but the bottom will be melimine. just easier to clean i have seen 1/2 inch melamine but it was like 40 bucks a sheet compared to 25. well anyways i will post the plans later

ken

15. dscohen1

dscohen1 Embryo

Tank looks awsome, can't wait to see the plans! :)

16. Dylacat

Dylacat Member

Hi. In case you didn't see, he has already posted the plans. Here's the link: CAGE PLANS

Take care,
    Rebecca