Black iguana info?

Discussion in 'Iguanas' started by Virginia, Dec 4, 2004.

1. Virginia

Virginia New Member

There seems to be a shortage of information on black spiny tailed iguanas on the net. More specifically Ctenosaura similis. And the little info I do find seems to be contradicting. I read on one site 5% of the their diet has to be animal protein, and then I read on another site they should only be fed vegetables. I haven't trusted a source well enough to begin feeding my iguana animal protein, but I would really appreciate any credible sources you guys may have. Thank you!

And another thing, I was also told the difference between green and black iguanas is little to none (besides appearance). should I believe this?Thanks again.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Ad.intel

Ad.intel Embryo

yeah i could do with that specific info aswell, i got one today. hes sittin on my arm at the mo :) fallin asleep lol. i found a couple of german sites but well there german.....

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. biochic

biochic Well-Known Member

Veggies and fruit are great. You can also offer them crickets about three times a week and pinky mice about once a week. They are actually more closely related to Tegus than Green Iguanas (which I did not know until today :) )
    Sorry I didn't write back sooner but I had to double check my info with a reptile keeper at the zoo that I know before I went spouting off at the mouth with misinformation! lol
    Hope this helps!

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Virginia

Virginia New Member

Thanks very much biochic!

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. biochic

biochic Well-Known Member

No problem...any time! :)