Big Iggy Big Tank

Discussion in 'Iguanas' started by Darina, Sep 8, 2004.

1. Darina

Darina Embryo

Iam looking to get a large enclosure for my Iquana. I am from the United kingdom and we do not make anything like that over here so I had to go to cagesbydesign in America, I am still waiting on a price. I need a custum made one approx 7 foot high 5 foot long and 2 foot depth. Do you know off any other companies that would be able to do this and deliver to U.K? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am looking something really nice so I am willing to put the money into it. any ideas regarding decor, furniture etc. I want it to be a feature point in my home. I would like to put in a waterfall etc and make it really individual. Does anyone have any pics of their enclosures to give me some ideas?

Thankyou.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. herpslave

herpslave Member

Why don;t you make them over in the uk? People over there buuild houses, they can build enclosures, When I say they I mean you too. It is not a big deal if you get good plans and the right cage requirements. There is one on reptileforums.com articles of diy.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Hummingbird

Hummingbird Well-Known Member

building your own cage can be very rewarding. you can make it however you want, too, and often it's less expensive that way. you don't have to be a master craftsman, either.

can't seem to find any pics of our ig cages, don't know why. but here's some info on ig cages with designs and companies and stuff from anapsid (a FANTASTIC site): http://www.anapsid.org/iguana/caging.html

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Darina

Darina Embryo

Thanks for that. We are a bit behind the times over here. Reptiles are not that popular in Northern Ireland. They are bringing out a new law very soon, I dont know much about it as yet but it is going to make reptiles very hard to keep as they are going to make us lience our animals and insure them at a very high cost. Reptiles are seen as dangerous animals where I come from and they have a awful reputation based on nothing. So their popularity is very small.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. havoc_murtha

havoc_murtha New Member

Try and go to http://www.garf.org/
    and on the left go to How to and they have instructions on how to build tanks.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Kazer

Kazer Embryo

You can also check out www.lizardcages.com
    There are a few sizes listed there and all are made of PVC (very easy to work with)
    The plans I ordered "The Jumbo" (8' wide x 6 high x 4' deep)
    the materials should come out to be about 200 - 250 dollars ... alot cheaper than a commercial bought enclosure!