Are the exo-terra tanks really worth it?

Discussion in 'Rhacodactylus (Crested) Geckos' started by longswordjd, Jan 21, 2006.

1. VAherper

VAherper Member

no, the reptariums do just fine with regular misting. the only shedding problem i had with any of the geckos ive had was when they were in glass/ plastic cages. dont get me wrong, the exo terras are nice, its just that if i can get a tank 3X the size for 1/3rd the price, im gonna go for it.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. longswordjd

longswordjd New Member

whatever floats your boat lol! :lol: im gona go for the exo-terra 18X18X18

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. crusty1

crusty1 Member

good call

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Just_Some_Guy

Just_Some_Guy Well-Known Member

a large exo terra you can have 3 Cresties. They are making a new one. WHich is doudle the lenght of the Large and the same height. Which should be good. So Exo Terras are the best

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. field_hockey_gal

field_hockey_gal Well-Known Member

Yeah isn't it like 18x24x24? I saw one like that at the petstore, and I haven't seen those dimensions before.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Just_Some_Guy

I don't think i is for sale yet. But was talking to my herpstore owner and they are making a protype so it should be interesting

12. Sobedrummer007

Sobedrummer007 New Member

13. longswordjd

longswordjd New Member

Sobedrummer007 those are awsome especially the one with BDs in it! VAherp i am gona get the 65 gallon reptarium long for my Beardie and the 18X18X18 exo-terra for my future crestie! thanks for all the help!

longswordjd

14. LewsKinslayer0

LewsKinslayer0 Well-Known Member

I remember the breeder we got a few cresties from is also a dealer for exo-terra. He said they were coming out with 2 new sizes and one for sure that I remember was 24x18x24. I can't remember the other one's dimensions tho.

15. amhjda1109

amhjda1109 New Member

Go to www.petsolutions.com That's where I got mine and they aren't as expensive as some places. I LOVE both of mine...the front open is SO much easier.

16. Just_Some_Guy

Can't wait for the new model.

17. twitch3

twitch3 Member

one crestie can live forever in a large.it`s equivalent of 25 gal. the XL is equivalent to 35 gallon,good enough for two

18. Just_Some_Guy

I thought the large Exo Terra you could have 3 adults?

19. crusty1

crusty1 Member

ya id think u could have 3...all females, or 1 male 2 females

20. Just_Some_Guy

Thats what i think and is what i am going to do

21. crusty1

crusty1 Member

good stuff...do u have another tank (10-20gal) incase they do breed? and u have to a. separate male and felmales or b. put eggs and/or babies into?
    its alwasy good to have a handy tank or 2....or even c. disease

22. amhjda1109

amhjda1109 New Member

I emailed ExoTerra because I was curious about the new models: size, price, and availability. I'll let you know what I find out.

23. longswordjd

longswordjd New Member

i am not gona get cresties for a while! i am researching them now so i can be prepared for them (unlike my beardie) i wasent reeally perpared for him but he is fine i just wish i had more notice lol i couldnot resist him and another person was lookin at him behind me and he was gona buy him if i didnt! any way that is why im researching now!

LONGSWORDJD

24. VAherper

VAherper Member

i wouldnt keep 3 cresties in a 35 gallon. 20 is the minimum for 1 adult. if you have 3 in about hte space for 2 someones going to get stressed. also your going ot need to have atleast 1 other cage to seperate the females from the male for about half the year so they dont die from calcium defiency

25. Just_Some_Guy

You don't think i havn't tried. I have e-mailed them tons and they jsut ignore me.