anyone have pictures of there home made BD cage???

Discussion in 'Enclosures, Heating & Lighting' started by Doghobo6, May 24, 2006.

1. Doghobo6

Doghobo6 New Member

I'm gong to be buildding my second berdie cage for my beardie . i truly just enjoy buildign cages for him. so anyways i would truly appreciate it if you guys could post as many pics and website that u can to help me out. coolio

o and i just like looking at other cages also

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Doghobo6

Doghobo6 New Member

please i need help.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. bez89

bez89 New Member

im sorry i don't know of any websites or anything on how to build a cage but here are some pics of my biggest dragon cage. i keep all my females in here. in the first pic it's only the six windows on the left. the ones in the back are part of my argus monitors cage. in the second pic its only the first six windows. the 8 in the back are for my monitors cage. the bearded dragon cage is 4' by 4' by about 8'.i kind of went over board. i also made a cage out of an old cabinet. ill try to take a pic of it today or tomorrow and post it. hope you like the pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. pigger93

pigger93 Member

whoa thats huge very nice

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Doghobo6

Doghobo6 New Member

thanks that is very very nice. the pics help alot

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Ryan1990

Ryan1990 Well-Known Member

Thats very nice but just one question... do you use glass in the windows? If so how do you stop the tanks from COOKING in the sun? I have trouble keeping my tanks cool when inside my room! Just wondering lol. But truly fantastic vivs!

12. Newb

Newb New Member

heres mine

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. themowingmonk

themowingmonk Member

very nice looking cage there

14. bez89

bez89 New Member

the enclosure has cage all along the bottom and in some spots at the top between the monitor enclosure and the bd enclosure so the air circulates between the 2 enclosures and outside and the monitor enclosure has cage along the bottom and the top so it does't heat up much. also during the hottest time of the year and the hottest time of the day it doesn't get hotter than low 90s because the sun doesn't hit the enclosure directly.it is blocked by the roof or the tree next to the enclosure. you can't see the cage because it is covered because the pics where taken in Jan. and it was still pretty cold. im sorry if this is confusing but this is the best i could explian it.

15. Doghobo6

Doghobo6 New Member

o thanks there al lvery nice cages

16. btcowboy

btcowboy Member

Here are a few of mine holp it helps

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. btcowboy

btcowboy Member

Sorry about the size of pics tried something different this time, usually they are tiny.

18. bicksmack

bicksmack Embryo

I am new here but here are some of my Baileys house
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [[​IMG]

19. Janice

Janice ReptileBoards Addict

This is our cage; I'll have to get some more recent pictures, LOL. It has a few more lights in it, and it's been finidhed for over a year....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Ryan1990

Wow Janice I like that setup! But where is the little guy?? LoL. Bicksmack how do you get a proper temp gradient with light streching the whole tank?

21. bicksmack

bicksmack Embryo

Well the first light is empty for now, the second contains a 20watt bulb and the tird is a 45 watt bulb. It keeps the setup at 75-80 on the cool side 90ish on the hot side and 100 for basking.

22. Ryan1990

90 is quite high for the cool end! If it was me I would just put a high wattage bulb in the on nearest the hot end. That would keep the basking spot at around the same temp but let the cool side drop to 80-85! :D

23. bicksmack

bicksmack Embryo

it says 75-80 on the cool side, 90ish on the hot side, and 100 for basking

24. Ryan1990

O right! Thats fine then :D lol!

25. pigger93

pigger93 Member

WOW janice that cage is beutiful. i dont no how u have room for all your reptiles ^_^ .