Anyone ever been bitten by a Corn Snake?

Discussion in 'Corns & Rat Snakes' started by Janice, May 27, 2005.

1. officialherpfreak

officialherpfreak Member

They don't really coil or constrict on your body.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Ash19

Ash19 Well-Known Member

Oh true. When I went to get my corn snake, he was in a pillow case and I guess felt unsafe in it cause it took me 1min to get him off my arm lol But now he's pretty active.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. officialherpfreak

officialherpfreak Member

yeah. mine was in the pillow case too but made a little hole and managed to get through it. it could have escaped.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Ash19

Ash19 Well-Known Member

Oh wow! Lucky he didn't eh? They really are good escapists. You have an Okeetee as well right?

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. officialherpfreak

officialherpfreak Member

Yes, an adult male. Great lookin snakes eh?

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. susyq

susyq Member

i have a 4.5ft female okeetee, as well as a carolina, miami, amber,snow and an amelanistic :) :D

12. Ash19

Ash19 Well-Known Member

Cool! They are very gorgeous snakes. Mine is an adult male as well. 5ft :) susyq You're very lucky to have all those. I love the miami phase.

13. Ash19

Ash19 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Here's my little guy. Actually he's not really all that little lol

14. susyq

susyq Member

ash that looks more like a carolina to me, okeetee's are brown to brown with a hint of orange. nice snake

15. susyq

susyq Member

i meant the background colour, and to update my amber is male

16. LewsKinslayer0

LewsKinslayer0 Well-Known Member

Beautiful snake you have there. I'm so excited about getting ours in a couple of weeks.

17. Janice

Janice ReptileBoards Addict

Nice snake, Ash!

18. garybingham

garybingham Member

my larger corn bit me today i changed his water on the cool side of his tank then went to do the warm side and he was hidding behind the water bowl and with the shock he bit me and boy did it hurt he got my little finger had to clean the tank out cos i driped blood in it lol

19. garybingham

garybingham Member

P.S my corn is 5 1/2 foot

20. Janice

Janice ReptileBoards Addict

garybingham, that makes me feel so much better, NOT!!! I discovered the night before last that my corn does not want to be picked up when he is shedding...I didn't get him out, before he whipped his head around and I dropped him.

21. Ash19

Ash19 Well-Known Member

Ouch! I didn't think corn snake bites were that bad. Sounds very painful. Janice, nice save! Haha, that would have sucked if he'd got you. susyq:Do you have a pic of your carolina so we can compare? I was told mine was an Okeetee :?

22. garybingham

garybingham Member

it only hurt because he only got the skin on my little finger if he had got the full finger it wouldnt of hurt as much i think lol

23. Ash19

Ash19 Well-Known Member

Ohh ok. Know what's weird? My snake shed this morning. It was amazing. But I had him out a couple hours before that, and he didn't bite me or anything. I thought they were supposed to get defensive when they shed? Anyways his colours are even brighter then before now! It was a pretty neat thing to watch.

24. officialherpfreak

officialherpfreak Member

Here is a pic of my okeetee.[​IMG]This isn't his enclosure now,this is the pic for when he was for sale. He seems to have alot more orange now.

25. snkegrl

snkegrl New Member

I have been bittin' by my cornsnake...twice...and both during feeding. I feed with tweezers, and he just mis-judged the distance and positioning...hmm....or did I? But anyway, the second time he grabbed on to my finger and wouldn't let go. So I had to grad behind his head...like you would properly hold onto a snakes head, and gently maneuver his teeth from out under my skin. It didn't hurt that bad really and it bled for a couple minutes after that, but it was no big deal.

Gorgeous specimen, officialherpfreak!