American Greens

Discussion in 'Treefrogs' started by Sivart31, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Sivart31

Sivart31 New Member

Do any of you have them? Do you reccomend them for a newbie?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. brittone05

brittone05 Well-Known Member

Lol - I got 2 of them coming next week along with another 3 White's - will let you know :)

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Sivart31

Sivart31 New Member

how big is your enclosure for those guys?

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. pullinapete

pullinapete Member

10gal for 1 an 5gal for each extra... make sure that its a tall enclorure and they like the water so provide a larger water dish that needs to be changed at least every 2 days but its better to change it everyday... easy to care for very hardy frogs live around 3years... great starter frog.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Sivart31

Sivart31 New Member

thanks a lot. I'm debating between a whites and one of these guys...well as well as another gecko.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. brittone05

I have a large exo terra for 2 of them to go into and I have moved my Whites into a larger viv so his tank mate can join him too :D

12. Sivart31

Sivart31 New Member

how big is a large exo terra?

13. pullinapete

pullinapete Member

its 18in,18in,18in around 23-25gal

14. brittone05

OMG the tank is massive - the frogs have arrived and they are sooo tiny - I am going to downsize them into a 12"x12"x12" exo terra and then use the large one for my geckos lol

15. pullinapete

pullinapete Member

the 12,12,12 is about 7gals which should only house 1 AGTF with 2 just make sure they both eat enough other then that they should be fine

what are you housing your whites in?

16. brittone05

My White's are in a large 2x3x2 glass aquarium. The are all only quite small still so I have some time to think about maybe upgrading should I need to.

they get al ong just fine though and I do try to monitor their feeding as best I cna just in case.

My AGTF's are literally not even an inch long yet so I have hopefully some time to decide which way to go!!

17. mhwc56

mhwc56 New Member

I know this is a bit late but the first "crawley critters" I ever was owned by were AGTFs. I think they're great though they are not cuddly or cooperative .I love listening to the frogs "barking " at night and occasionally during the days too. I feed mine 2 week old crickets ,little mealworms.and fruitflies.They LOVE fruit flies ! The fruitflies seem to entertain them too because they chase them around.
    I have 15 AGTFs.I keep them in a tank that is 24inches high x 18 inches deep x 30 inches wide. It has a screen lid that is hinged so that the entire top doesn't have to be removed to feed and clean,etc. There is a large pot of Pothos vining plant in there and the subsrtate is cypress mulch. I have 2 partially submersed water dishes in there with one being more shallow with 1/2 "of water for the small frogs and 1 1/2" for the adults. AGTFs DO NOT SWIM.They do however need to soak daily. My frogs are very happy together in this set up. I built it myself with sheets of plexiglas and aquarium sealant. My son made the lid from nylon sreening (like for the house door.) and 1 x 1s.