Albino Iguanas

Discussion in 'Iguanas' started by KLiK, Aug 13, 2004.

1. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Hummingbird

Hummingbird Well-Known Member

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. superchole

superchole New Member

i didnt know there was albino iguanas

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

there is an albino for any species the thing is that they are very hard to come by in certain species.

hey axe whats your take on an albino ig? would you want one?

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. LeLue

LeLue Embryo

I'd like to see a big one in real life.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. biochic

biochic Well-Known Member

To me, albino animals of any species are just like all the other "designer" animals. I just don't get the appeal. It's just a genetic trait. It doesn't make them worth any more to me. Especially when, as a biologist, I realize that albinism is a dangerous trait for an animal in the wild and is actually selected against for a variety of reasons. Genetic crosses are just that to me - genetic crosses. You inbreed and cross enough animals, yeah, you're going to get something unusual. But in the end, it's the same animal as the wild variety so i just don't get why anyone would pay those ridiculous prices for something that isn't beneficial to the species and makes the natural/wild versions seem inferior.
    Sorry, uncontrollable rant! lol

12. LeLue

LeLue Embryo

Yeah, I definetly wouldn't buy one. Especially for that ridiculous about of money.

13. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

i think they just look awsome if i had the money and the room...lol so Biochic if someone would offer you one for free you wouldn't accept it? and LeLue there is an adult albino iguana picture on this site i see it sometimes on the side where it has the random image

edit:
    after i posted the random image was the albino iguana! lol here is the link http://www.reptilerooms.com/modules.php?se...=view_photo.php

14. LeLue

LeLue Embryo

Woah, that was a cool pic. Hey KLiK, how big is your Iguana, Keg? And how many iguanas do you have Biochic?