Age of crestie needing height

Discussion in 'Rhacodactylus (Crested) Geckos' started by Pima, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Pima

Pima New Member

Ok i know this sounds stupid, but when do i need to make sure she has height in her cage? She is in a 20L tank now. Im looking for a tank topper or a new lid for her current cage so i can still put the light on top for slight heat on the cold winter nights. This is where it gets funny.. If i turn her 20L tank, i dont think i can put the heat lamp on the glass. But really, at what age or size do i need to make sure she has the height. and does anyone know where i can find a cage topper for a 20 L tank? Zilla used to make one...of course, not anymore. Ive looked at the ones for hampsters, but the space between the wires is much larger, and looks like she could get out. Any suggestions would be a great help to us!!

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. happypotomus

happypotomus Embryo

did you try looking at a pet store. i know petco has some

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Shanna66

Shanna66 Well-Known Member

you could turn it on its side and just have the light pointing at the cage, unless your house is super cold you wont need a very strong light at all.

and cresties like height from day one

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Pima

Pima New Member

thanks to both of you. the pet store, yeah no, they have nothing other then crickets. lol. She has been good with the height but as of late, shes getting a little big. when she was like 2.5" long, it was like climbing a building when she was up top, now shes like 5" and i want her to be happy. Thats why we are looking. I needed someone to say she needs it like now so the Fiance will believe me LOL. so Thank you and ill find something, our house is always cold, id rather her be safe in her home more then anything else.