A foster baby went to a home tonight

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by CheriS, Feb 27, 2003.

1. CheriS

CheriS Is well known here

We had him for 5 months and he has gone to his new home and owners, they selected him back in November, here is his picture, he is a rare stripe pattern and is 6 months old now ;)
    [​IMG]
    We will miss him but knew we could not keep him. I have two more males we are fostering, they should be going to their new homes within the next few weeks..... it is a nice feeling knowing they are past the delicate stage and have such a good start in life, I can be a bit fanatical about babies :)

[Edited on 28/2/2003 by CheriS]

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. hobotramp

hobotramp Member

I know you'll miss them all when they're gone. He really is a cutie isn't he. I can't remember all their names.. which one was this?

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. CheriS

CheriS Is well known here

This was Baldor, one in my bedroom in the tank next to Germaine( the one that will not eat on his own.) He came from Dr Dan Wentz and Connie and Keith at Leaping Lizards in MO.

Originally we had got him for a first time owner, but he did not adjust to the change in homes well and did not eat for almost 2 weeks, I was so afraid we were going to lose him, so we got another one for the first time onwer and that is the Dolemite that goes to the guy from Armstrongs Crickets (thats good as he eats 50-70 crickets a day and is 17 inches at 5 months)

Baldor was force fed for a week them he finally started eating on his own and making up for lost meals :(

I wanted to make sure he was past that fragile stage and could adjust to another change better than last time and he is also local still

[Edited on 1/3/2003 by CheriS]

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. hobotramp

hobotramp Member

Glad to hear it went well and he's still nearby if your help is needed again. How is Germaine doing by the way? Sent you a message about one we may be considering. Let me know what you think.