5 gallon for something

Discussion in 'Enclosures, Heating & Lighting' started by trikemaster810, May 7, 2005.

1. liza714

liza714 Member

Turtle? Anoles? House geckos? Skinks? It is cruel to keep an animal that large in a cage that small.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. mop

mop Embryo

Small turtles like the ones I see in the pond near my house. House Geckos maybe and skinks I kind of changed my mind about.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. ExSxP

ExSxP Member

i still say go with the african dwarf frogs. they're seriously so damn entertaining. and you wont have to worry about having them in a small tank because they're tiny.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. zemane

zemane New Member

boidmasta,thats not the way you should treat anoles .what you just said means you only have respect for some herps and a true herp lover should love ALL herps :x .and a 5g aquarium is way too small.id go for a african dwarf frogs

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. jarrell

jarrell New Member

dont keep 2 praying mantis in a cage i heard they will kill and eventually eat one or the other.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. garybingham

garybingham Member

this is true 2 praying mantis in 1 tank= 1 less the next day as the bigger 1 will eat the smaller 1

12. Tokage

Tokage Member

dude just because its 4 bucks doesnt meen it doesnt deserve the same respect as any other living animal!
    And why did yoiu post that twice?

for a five gal i would go withan african dwarf clawed frog

13. 785236

785236 New Member

would a spiny tail gecko live happily in there

they grow around 10cm for males and 15cm for females

sick a prayering mantis too bad i am in australia we got reallyy strict rules here

14. zemane

zemane New Member

Boidmasta,thats the wrong attitude towards anoles.a true herp keeper loves ALL herps,not only one kind.and just because its cheap,doesnt mean it should be disrespected :evil:

15. piro456

piro456 Embryo

i agree with amigita about anoles. I keep each of my anoles in a 20g tank.

16. LeoGeckos-Rule

LeoGeckos-Rule Member

or instead of a scorpion gecko, you could just get a plain old scorpion

17. spurs

spurs New Member

hmm... im not sure but would some kind of small wall lizard go in there? im not sure because I haven't looked for info on them, but I have seen one in my local shop, they look really small, I'd probably say maybe some small skinks will fit but not really sure. Praying Mantis is a good idea, or stick insects, giant snails.

And for water pets wise maybe: some neons, guppies, small type of pufferfish, newt, albino frogs, apple snails, axotles (sorry if thats wrong).

I know of a site that has a deal on for Praying Mantis and some bettles deal. Let me find it. It includes a whole set-up of what you need and includes the pet with it.

Be back in a tick!

P.S. Here's a good site for small pets: http://www.easyinsects.co.uk/site/content/view/20/32/

18. twitch3

twitch3 Member

go with a dinosaur eel.the actual name is Senegal Bichir.they are easy to take care of and eat shrimp brine and rosie feeder fish.it costs a bit to buy it though[/url]

19. daisy555

daisy555 Embryo

Mabey one fire belly toad but,it is better if they have at leat 10 gallons,you could buy a new tank,they don't cost much I saw a 10 gallon for 10.99 at petco ,or get a goldfish or a beta,or buy a new tank they don't cost much.Sorry not to be rude, not much but a fish will live happy in 5 gallons.

20. Evolution

Evolution Embryo

drawf frogs are good, make sure you get the DRAWF ones, the regular ones get pretty big, and with out a good filter it can make a mess( trust me i know lol)... mantis are coo if you can find one .. ever house a carnvorous plant? like a venuse fly trap, these things are sometimes more entertaining than some reptiles lol.

21. zemane

zemane New Member

22. General48

General48 Member

you can buy a praying mantis here at petland, i live in ohio and they keep them all in the same enclosure... so far they are still all there

23. jarrell

jarrell New Member

yeah i say insects is the best choice. deffintally if your a begginer.

24. iLLwiLL

iLLwiLL Member

now thats just retarded for a 5 gallon tank, please disregard that one

if I were you i would go with some kind of carnivorus plant like a venus fly trap or something more exotic. there not too active, but they only eat every other week. could be something interesting and different to try to keep.

~Will.

25. jayhay

jayhay Well-Known Member

I also suggest african dwarf frogs, I myself keep one in a 5 gallon and he has done very well (they are really cute and fun to watch) Don't go for a viper gecko, they need more floor space, and a 5 gallon hex is usually taller then it is long. You need a 5 gallon long for a viper gecko. Good luck:)